Why Xbox One Is Failing: Five Reasons It's Getting Crushed By Sony's PS4

#21Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/22/2014 12:47:28 PM
This article would have been valid if released a year ago, but many things have changed since then.

- Positioning the Xbox One as a Media Center: Outdated. At E3 2014, Xbox was focused entirely on games.

- Price: Outdated. Xbox One price is now the same as the PS4.

- Xbox Live Gold: Outdated. Microsoft changed their policy already.

- Graphics Performance: The only performance difference is resolution and framerate, and it is not as big a gap as it was in the beginning. Microsoft is now forcing devs to make all games 1080p, plus Microsoft gave processing power from the Kinect to developers for them to use. Remember, PS2 had the WORST graphics out of every console back in that generation and it still sold the most. Resolution and framerate are not that serious.

- Flip-Flopping: This is a normal part of life. You try something new, and if the majority of people hate it and constantly complain, then you go back to the old ways. This is how life works. Even try it for yourself. I challenge you to do something completely different and new for you. I guarantee, if everyone starts complaining about you and hating the new stuff you are doing and keep giving you crap for it, eventually you are gonna back down and stop doing it. However, if they like it and encourage it, then you are going to keep doing it and push it even futher.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#22TrueBlue91Posted 8/22/2014 12:51:56 PM
The one and only actual reason: it sucks.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#23duericPosted 8/22/2014 12:54:27 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...

Is 91 the year you were born or the year you graduated?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#24Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/22/2014 12:58:08 PM
dueric posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

I think it's the year his dad was born.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#25chris0009Posted 8/22/2014 1:16:32 PM
Twinmold posted...
I don't even get annoyed by trolls anymore. I just feel sorry for them.

This x1000

Either tc does this as some type of job or we are witnessing the actions of one of the saddest people on earth.
#26chris0009Posted 8/22/2014 1:17:24 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
dueric posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

I think it's the year his dad was born.
#27SoulTrapperPosted 8/22/2014 1:25:29 PM
This article would have been valid if released a year ago, but many things have changed since then.

- Positioning the Xbox One as a Media Center: Outdated. At E3 2014, Xbox was focused entirely on games.

- Graphics Performance: The only performance difference is resolution and framerate, and it is not as big a gap as it was in the beginning. Microsoft is now forcing devs to make all games 1080p, plus Microsoft gave processing power from the Kinect to developers for them to use. Remember, PS2 had the WORST graphics out of every console back in that generation and it still sold the most. Resolution and framerate are not that serious.

- Flip-Flopping: This is a normal part of life. You try something new, and if the majority of people hate it and constantly complain, then you go back to the old ways. This is how life works. Even try it for yourself. I challenge you to do something completely different and new for you. I guarantee, if everyone starts complaining about you and hating the new stuff you are doing and keep giving you crap for it, eventually you are gonna back down and stop doing it. However, if they like it and encourage it, then you are going to keep doing it and push it even futher.

They did change all or most of those things, but that doesn't mean the effects of them have vanished along with them.

Microsoft have put in a lot of effort to set things straight, but that doesn't erase the past.
#28GuiltySoul2005Posted 8/22/2014 1:25:39 PM

LaManoNeraII posted...
PS4 launched at a cheaper price with better press behind it. That's it

Cornbread4life posted...
Why do they include the xbox live gold reason when it was fixed in may, and then subsequently acknowledge that it was fixed in may? Same thing with the price issue. So a proper title should be "Five reasons it was getting crushed by Sony's PS4, three of which are still reasons it's getting crushed by PS4."

Just seems like lazy writing.

Can you guys not read or are you missing a few braincells? The reasons given, whether outdated or not are the exact reasons the xb1 is in it's CURRENT POSITION.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#29kidwgmPosted 8/22/2014 1:28:01 PM
dueric posted...
kidwgm posted...
dueric posted...
kidwgm posted...
Twinmold posted...
I don't even get annoyed by trolls anymore. I just feel sorry for them.

I just put them on ignore. Saves time all around.

You are aware that this only encourages the behavior. One might even say it's trolling in and of itself.

But when you do it, it's cool. Right?

How is it encouraging the behavior? A user is not notified that I have placed them on ignore. Go look up the definition of trolling

Your post is enough of an example.

Here's what it sounds like translated from internet to real world.

"I'm so important that the trolls will care when I ignore them. Hopefully they will be as annoyed by my ignoring them as I am that they're not serious enough to respect a videogame forum".

Stop translating. Its embarrassing.
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#30duericPosted 8/22/2014 1:29:33 PM
kidwgm posted...

Stop translating. Its embarrassing.

Sorry, dude. Didn't mean to embarrass anyone.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member