Why Xbox One Is Failing: Five Reasons It's Getting Crushed By Sony's PS4

#31Cornbread4lifePosted 8/22/2014 1:31:42 PM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
This article would have been valid if released a year ago, but many things have changed since then.

- Positioning the Xbox One as a Media Center: Outdated. At E3 2014, Xbox was focused entirely on games.

- Price: Outdated. Xbox One price is now the same as the PS4.

- Xbox Live Gold: Outdated. Microsoft changed their policy already.

- Graphics Performance: The only performance difference is resolution and framerate, and it is not as big a gap as it was in the beginning. Microsoft is now forcing devs to make all games 1080p, plus Microsoft gave processing power from the Kinect to developers for them to use. Remember, PS2 had the WORST graphics out of every console back in that generation and it still sold the most. Resolution and framerate are not that serious.

- Flip-Flopping: This is a normal part of life. You try something new, and if the majority of people hate it and constantly complain, then you go back to the old ways. This is how life works. Even try it for yourself. I challenge you to do something completely different and new for you. I guarantee, if everyone starts complaining about you and hating the new stuff you are doing and keep giving you crap for it, eventually you are gonna back down and stop doing it. However, if they like it and encourage it, then you are going to keep doing it and push it even futher.

LaManoNeraII posted...
PS4 launched at a cheaper price with better press behind it. That's it

Cornbread4life posted...
Why do they include the xbox live gold reason when it was fixed in may, and then subsequently acknowledge that it was fixed in may? Same thing with the price issue. So a proper title should be "Five reasons it was getting crushed by Sony's PS4, three of which are still reasons it's getting crushed by PS4."

Just seems like lazy writing.

Can you guys not read or are you missing a few braincells? The reasons given, whether outdated or not are the exact reasons the xb1 is in it's CURRENT POSITION.

But the title clearly implies that the reasons in the article are current problems, not problems that were resolved but still have lasting effects. Note the present tense in the title. If they said "5 things that led to the X1 being crushed by the PS4" that would be more appropriate. I was expecting to read 5 things that were still problems after I read the topic title, as that would actually give the article substance. The article as is reads more like a historical piece than actual news.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#32Private_NoobPosted 8/22/2014 1:50:25 PM
Reason 1: Attempted to sell their souls to SOPA by way of DRM.
Reason 2: Attempted to sell their souls to SOPA by way of DRM.
Reason 3: Attempted to sell their souls to SOPA by way of DRM.
Reason 4: Attempted to sell their souls to SOPA by way of DRM.
Reason 5: Attempted to sell their souls to SOPA by way of DRM

Fix'd.
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!
#33SoulTrapperPosted 8/22/2014 2:13:28 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
This article would have been valid if released a year ago, but many things have changed since then.

- Positioning the Xbox One as a Media Center: Outdated. At E3 2014, Xbox was focused entirely on games.

- Price: Outdated. Xbox One price is now the same as the PS4.

- Xbox Live Gold: Outdated. Microsoft changed their policy already.

- Graphics Performance: The only performance difference is resolution and framerate, and it is not as big a gap as it was in the beginning. Microsoft is now forcing devs to make all games 1080p, plus Microsoft gave processing power from the Kinect to developers for them to use. Remember, PS2 had the WORST graphics out of every console back in that generation and it still sold the most. Resolution and framerate are not that serious.

- Flip-Flopping: This is a normal part of life. You try something new, and if the majority of people hate it and constantly complain, then you go back to the old ways. This is how life works. Even try it for yourself. I challenge you to do something completely different and new for you. I guarantee, if everyone starts complaining about you and hating the new stuff you are doing and keep giving you crap for it, eventually you are gonna back down and stop doing it. However, if they like it and encourage it, then you are going to keep doing it and push it even futher.

LaManoNeraII posted...
PS4 launched at a cheaper price with better press behind it. That's it

Cornbread4life posted...
Why do they include the xbox live gold reason when it was fixed in may, and then subsequently acknowledge that it was fixed in may? Same thing with the price issue. So a proper title should be "Five reasons it was getting crushed by Sony's PS4, three of which are still reasons it's getting crushed by PS4."

Just seems like lazy writing.

Can you guys not read or are you missing a few braincells? The reasons given, whether outdated or not are the exact reasons the xb1 is in it's CURRENT POSITION.

But the title clearly implies that the reasons in the article are current problems, not problems that were resolved but still have lasting effects. Note the present tense in the title. If they said "5 things that led to the X1 being crushed by the PS4" that would be more appropriate. I was expecting to read 5 things that were still problems after I read the topic title, as that would actually give the article substance. The article as is reads more like a historical piece than actual news.

They're 5 reasons as to why the Xbox is getting "crushed", as the title says.
The effects from those things mentioned are still there.

It isn't news, it's a summary by the writer of what led to this point.
Most likely because there wasn't much else to report this past week.
#34Cornbread4lifePosted 8/22/2014 2:18:44 PM
SoulTrapper posted...

They're 5 reasons as to why the Xbox is getting "crushed", as the title says.
The effects from those things mentioned are still there.

It isn't news, it's a summary by the writer of what led to this point.
Most likely because there wasn't much else to report this past week.

Yup, kind of a fluff piece. Quincy needs to step his game up, he usually posts news.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#35Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/22/2014 2:30:29 PM
The writer needs to get over it. Japan was allied with the Nazis 70 years ago and Sony is a Japanese company. If he wants to dig up the past so much, why doesn't he write about that?
---
hey foo
hey foo
#36OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/22/2014 2:33:14 PM
The writer needs to get over it. Japan was allied with the Nazis 70 years ago and Sony is a Japanese company. If he wants to dig up the past so much, why doesn't he write about that?

Because that was 70 years ago. Nobody cares anymore (besides people with xenophobia of course). Microsoft's disastrous unveiling of the xbone wasn't that long ago, so (most) people aren't so quick to bend over for them.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#37bgwilly255Posted 8/22/2014 2:37:04 PM
Better yet, here are 5 reasons I love the X1:

1. Snapping
2. Twitch broadcasting
3. Gold benefits
4. Great media experiences
5. Constant updates and additions that the community ask for
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#38Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/22/2014 2:53:48 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Because that was 70 years ago. Nobody cares anymore (besides people with xenophobia of course). Microsoft's disastrous unveiling of the xbone wasn't that long ago, so (most) people aren't so quick to bend over for them.

Japan was allied with the Nazis who caused the Holocaust and started World War 2 which killed an estimated 60 million people. So let's say nobody cares anymore after 70 years. That means people don't care anymore at the rate of about 0.85 million dead people every year. 60 million divided by 70 years equals 0.85 million dead people forgotten per year. So that means Microsoft and its allies would have to kill a maximum of 0.85 million people since E3 2013 in order to be completely forgiven and forgotten about.

Microsoft and its allies hasn't killed anyone. According to the math, 0 people killed times 0.85 million dead people forgotten in a year equals 0 years it takes to get forgiven and forgotten.

GET OVER IT.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#39OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/22/2014 2:57:59 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Japan was allied with the Nazis who caused the Holocaust and started World War 2 which killed an estimated 60 million people. So let's say nobody cares anymore after 70 years. That means people don't care anymore at the rate of about 0.85 million dead people every year. 60 million divided by 70 years equals 0.85 million dead people forgotten per year. So that means Microsoft and its allies would have to kill a maximum of 0.85 million people since E3 2013 in order to be completely forgiven and forgotten about.

Microsoft and its allies hasn't killed anyone. According to the math, 0 people killed times 0.85 million dead people forgotten in a year equals 0 years it takes to get forgiven and forgotten.

GET OVER IT.

Don't tell me what to do.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#40kyncaniPosted 8/22/2014 3:01:14 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
Ps4 is the healthier choice.

I mean, look at all them Ps.

Do you mean PS4 has much more players ?

Or better graphics ?