Gears of War probably won't be here until 2016. Which kinda sucks...

#1DiayamondoPosted 8/22/2014 2:20:34 PM
That's kinda one exclusive series I like on the Xbox consoles.
#2destiny1990Posted 8/22/2014 2:22:34 PM
generic alien vs humans war? check

story sucks, but gears of war was super fun, some of the best gameplay of the last gen

hammer of dawn yo
#3Lawboy2Posted 8/22/2014 2:25:02 PM
Not really this next one needs to be amazing...my favorite franchise of all time...so I'll wait until it's the best...even if it comes in 2020...I'll still be happy as long as it's amazing
#4WarsuhPosted 8/22/2014 2:25:31 PM
Of course it wont be released until 2016 or later they just started working on it a few months ago.
#5Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 2:27:04 PM
Warsuh posted...
Of course it wont be released until 2016 or later they just started working on it a few months ago.

Yeah, but you'd think Epic Games would have started on it after GoW3, it could have been a holiday 2014 title.

Oh well, I guess.
#6destiny1990Posted 8/22/2014 2:29:30 PM
Diayamondo posted...
Warsuh posted...

Yeah, but you'd think Epic Games would have started on it after GoW3, it could have been a holiday 2014 title.

Oh well, I guess.

Epic Games sold the IP to MS precisely because they were not interested in making Gears games anymore.

Personally, I say screw Bungie and Epic Games. You don't wanna make the games we love anymore like halo and gear, then fine go do your own damn crappy thing like destiny or mobile crap like epic.

People who have shown an interest in continuing these great series like 343 and black tush are awesome.

343 and Black Tusk Studios are amazing.

Bungie and Epic can gtfo
#7kidwgmPosted 8/22/2014 2:34:43 PM
destiny1990 posted...
Diayamondo posted...
Warsuh posted...

Oh well, I guess.

Epic Games sold the IP to MS precisely because they were not interested in making Gears games anymore.

Personally, I say screw Bungie and Epic Games. You don't wanna make the games we love anymore like halo and gear, then fine go do your own damn crappy thing like destiny or mobile crap like epic.

People who have shown an interest in continuing these great series like 343 and black tush are awesome.

Bungie and Epic can gtfo

I don't know I can see your point one way. But another way of looking at it is do we need sequel after sequel after sequel? Those games were awesome because at the time there was little to no other games like it. Creatively I can see why Bungie and Epic wanted to start fresh rather than pump out stale rehashed games.
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 8/22/2014 2:35:29 PM
I can wait. I have a backlog the size of the Xbone for 360 and PS3 that I can stay busy with.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#9destiny1990Posted 8/22/2014 2:43:49 PM
kidwgm posted...
destiny1990 posted...
Diayamondo posted...
Warsuh posted...

Oh well, I guess.

Bungie and Epic can gtfo

I don't know I can see your point one way. But another way of looking at it is do we need sequel after sequel after sequel? Those games were awesome because at the time there was little to no other games like it. Creatively I can see why Bungie and Epic wanted to start fresh rather than pump out stale rehashed games.

I get your point, but please don't tell me you think Destiny is creative. You might say oh its an MMo. The fact is it looks very similar to Halo in art style, world building, characters, enemy types, and setting.

All they did was basically create a halo game without the halo name. I tried the beta. They are not being creative here, just capitalizing on there past success to make a very similar game so that they can get the sales/acclaim etc.
#10TrickyPonyPosted 8/22/2014 2:52:25 PM
Gears and Red Dead are my reasons for playing video games