This system is always ON

#11OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/22/2014 4:01:50 PM
Ironman06 posted...
boysrus72 posted...
So if it's completely "off," can I still say Xbox On or is it still off.

"Xbox On" will only pull the machine out of standby. If it's off, it'll only work if you yell really loud.

But... if it is off, then how can it hear you in the first place? o.o That is like asking if someone is home and hearing someone say "no." The fact they can answer shows that someone is home!

So what if the xbone is only pretending to be shut down? :u I wouldn't put it past the people at MS.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#12DefhimselfPosted 8/22/2014 8:26:34 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Ironman06 posted...
boysrus72 posted...

"Xbox On" will only pull the machine out of standby. If it's off, it'll only work if you yell really loud.

But... if it is off, then how can it hear you in the first place? o.o That is like asking if someone is home and hearing someone say "no." The fact they can answer shows that someone is home!

So what if the xbone is only pretending to be shut down? :u I wouldn't put it past the people at MS.

You're making things more difficult than it really is :/
---
Good riddance cry baby Phil! ...GT: The last HUcast
#13OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/22/2014 9:27:19 PM
Defhimself posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Ironman06 posted...
boysrus72 posted...

Then explain to me how a system that is turned off can hear you. >_> That doesn't make sense.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#14DefhimselfPosted 8/23/2014 5:51:54 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Defhimself posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Ironman06 posted...
boysrus72 posted...

Then explain to me how a system that is turned off can hear you. >_> That doesn't make sense.

There are two options, instant on and power saver.

Instant on: actually keeps the console on but on stand by. You can download updates and it can hear you when you say "xbox on". The console isn't on it's like it's on sleep mode.

Power save mode: the console is powered down and off like the old systems do. Your console is off. It CAN NOT hear you for voice commands and CAN NOT download updates. It's the same as having it unplugged. Since it's off it has to reboot and takes a minute or two. Stand by does not it automatically turns on in seconds.
---
Good riddance cry baby Phil! ...GT: The last HUcast
#15Killah PriestPosted 8/23/2014 6:33:29 AM
Even after disabling the instant on mode I still unplug my console from the wall when I'm not using it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#16Jiggy101011Posted 8/23/2014 6:48:52 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Even after disabling the instant on mode I still unplug my console from the wall when I'm not using it.

That sounds like such a hassle.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
#17Killah PriestPosted 8/23/2014 6:50:07 AM

not really, my entertainment center is set up in a way where everything is easy to reach/remove/etc...

and I've probably used it 3 times total since it came out so... it mostly just stays unplugged all day every day.
---
#18axelfooley2k5Posted 8/23/2014 6:59:15 AM(edited)
Jiggy101011 posted...
Killah Priest posted...

wtf

is this topic telling me that i have to hold the button on my controller for 15 seconds to get the system to fully turn off?

so standby is normal even if you tell it not to standby?

i did not know this

EDIT

i found the energy saving setting......i feel like it was selected before
energy save that thing ASAP
---
Rolling Stones, Street Fighting Man, G-Sevennnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud71mm2TxP4
#19Killah PriestPosted 8/23/2014 6:55:10 AM
No all I'm saying is that I'm insane and unplug it from the wall.
---
#20Laylow12Posted 8/23/2014 8:14:02 AM(edited)
SaltyBotz posted...
The NSA is watching. When I game on Xbox one, I be sure to do so naked, that way they'll stop watching me.

No need for naked when it sees through your clothes.

http://i.imgur.com/ISZKUfw.gif

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin