I have a question about buying a digital item

#1LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 8/22/2014 9:07:22 PM
so let's say I want to buy an arcade game or a full X1 game or DLC

is that game or DLC attached to the account? or to the the system?

so in theory if I want to buy NFL Madden 15 on my main profile. can I still play it with all the benefits no restrictions? on my second profile

and this is all on the same Xbox.
---
XBO/PSN/WII U- RPGFan1985 - ADD ME I buy anything that looks interesting or promising looking for coop buddies Day 1 never used
#2ACx7Posted 8/22/2014 9:08:33 PM
Account

You can play it on any Xbox as long as you are signed in to your account. But anyone can play it on your Xbox if your account is that systems main account.
---
Wii-U: ACxSeven 3DS: 5455-9878-3366
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: ACx7
#3oldhbk76Posted 8/23/2014 1:30:54 AM
no, its tied to your gamer tag, but it has game sharing on the same console so probably
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#4lunaticcorePosted 8/23/2014 1:45:13 AM
You are supposed to get a license for your account and console. However there were some DLC items last gen that didn't share (tied only to gamertag) causing minor outrage.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#5miethaPosted 8/23/2014 2:17:45 AM
lunaticcore posted...
You are supposed to get a license for your account and console. However there were some DLC items last gen that didn't share (tied only to gamertag) causing minor outrage.

This gen too. The Forza VIP status is only for the profile that buys it, but the CARS from the VIP package can be used by all. Weird.

Anyway. Yes, on the One, all purchases are permanently tied to the purchasing account. They can also be used (with a VERY few exceptions) by any profile on the system you have designated as your "home" system. This includes your gold subscription (if you have one), which is a HUGE step up from the way the 360 handled it.
#6lunaticcorePosted 8/23/2014 2:23:02 AM
I was funny and shocking that the Titanfall Alpha wasn't an exception.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng