I think the Xbone's poor sales have more to to with MS' bad rep the last year.

#21YakashiPosted 8/24/2014 1:41:26 PM
googler posted...
blablablax17 posted...
And not because "LOLZ PS4 HAZ MOAR POWERZ."

Bad business practices, taking their consumers for idiots, Kinect, 180s (thank God for these though)
I have no trust in MS' Xbone.

I could care less about power.

That's my thoughts anyways.

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Its all of the above and nobody wanted to pay $100 to get something lesser. Nobody wants to as much as something else to get something lesser. Nobody would buy a Honda Accord if it sold as much as an Audi

I don't believe this is true. I think it's only about 20% of ps4 owners that know or care about that. I think it's the brand, the advertising and the price point.

I don't even think all of the horrible PR moves made by MS are to blame as the majority of console owners don't know about it. At work I know around 40 people that have a next gen console and I believe it's about 75% in favour of PS4 and only two of these people know or care about what's going on. Most of them, when quizzed why they bought a PS4, answered with something that basically said "because it's a playstation".

Either way, MS are getting trounced and, like Sony last gen when they were dreadful, they need to change what they're doing. Can they? I personally don't think so and, without a big price drop or buying/producing some genuinely great exclusives, can't see a way around it.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#22ITIorpheusPosted 8/24/2014 2:09:18 PM
People want 1080p 60 fps, as a X1 and PS4 owner I can tell you that the X1 will be struggling here in the near future, the hardware just isn't up to par with what it needs to be this console gen.
---
PSN: itiorpheus
XBL: Brandonvenom
#23YakashiPosted 8/24/2014 2:17:39 PM
ITIorpheus posted...
People want 1080p 60 fps, as a X1 and PS4 owner I can tell you that the X1 will be struggling here in the near future, the hardware just isn't up to par with what it needs to be this console gen.

No they don't. Maybe 3% care about that. Possibly less.

I don't believe for a second that the casual gamer cares or knows about the difference between 1080p/60fps or 900p/30fps etc.

Do you think people look at the processor and RAM on an iPhone and compare the specs to a HTC M8 for example? A tiny number will, but the casual buyer doesn't care. It's down to price, branding, marketing and superficial applications maybe.

Yes the PS4 is capable of more in terms of performance, and most of us, who are a tiny, tiny percentage of the install base, know the differences. But the vast, vast majority don't and never have over any generation.
---
#24RadarPosted 8/24/2014 2:28:30 PM
Yep. I don't need a box that I plug my cable box into so I can watch a small screen while I'm waiting for WAY TOO LONG matchmaking.

When they did all their Stage Demos and talked about how there's voice controls and media sharing, and its more than a game player.

I'm buying a game player. Anything else is cool and all, but considering I have to be a Gold Live member to do simple things like access Netflix, which I already pay for and get for no extra charge on my phone, it's not really a Media Box.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#25dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 2:30:06 PM
I'll say this: MS did a lot more wrong than Sony did right this gen in the time leading up to launch. The PS4 is fairly boring.
#26Team_NinjaPosted 8/24/2014 2:33:03 PM
People are impatient and want a next gen console asap, and since MS messed up, it's easy to just pick the PS4 at the moment. Time will heal everything though.
#27YakashiPosted 8/24/2014 2:36:40 PM
Radar posted...
Yep. I don't need a box that I plug my cable box into so I can watch a small screen while I'm waiting for WAY TOO LONG matchmaking.

When they did all their Stage Demos and talked about how there's voice controls and media sharing, and its more than a game player.

I'm buying a game player. Anything else is cool and all, but considering I have to be a Gold Live member to do simple things like access Netflix, which I already pay for and get for no extra charge on my phone, it's not really a Media Box.

I don't actually think that's true. I'm pretty sure they removed the pay wall for Netflix.
---
#28CKnightPosted 8/24/2014 2:44:22 PM
The problem was it launched the same time as the PS4.

For the first time both consoles were in directo competition and Sony won. I believe even if the Xbox One was $300, the PS4 would of outsold it.

Sony Playstation is just a juggernaut brand in gaming. The 360's saving grace was the nearly year head start.

Without that the Xbox One is gonna have to fight.
#29astutecolliePosted 8/24/2014 2:56:44 PM
LOL poor sales? 5 mil in 7 months of a $500 console is excellent. That $100 difference is a big deal, but they are the same price now and sonys exclusive lineup this holiday is atrocious.
#30astutecolliePosted 8/24/2014 3:03:39 PM
CKnight posted...
The problem was it launched the same time as the PS4.

For the first time both consoles were in directo competition and Sony won. I believe even if the Xbox One was $300, the PS4 would of outsold it.

Sony Playstation is just a juggernaut brand in gaming. The 360's saving grace was the nearly year head start.

Without that the Xbox One is gonna have to fight.

Dumbest thing ive read all day. Im pretty sure if the x1 was $400 that gap would be much smaller, and when the heck was 5 mil even a big gap? I remember when the ps3 got within 10 mil of the 360 ppl thought that was nothing at the time.

Incredible how logic escapes the jealous salty ponys. Sales, sales, sales, yet the x1 has the stronger exclusive lineup. Here people care about games, there they bring up sales because they dont want to discuss the fact that all they have from now until christmas 2015 is another lbp, dude raider going against tomb raider which did uncharted better than uncharted, and a demons souls game that should sell less total copies than halo 5 gets in preorders.

Game over.