Diablo 3(english ver.) is 284HKD($36.6) on the Hong Kong Xbox live store

#11shoji_joPosted 8/23/2014 12:59:16 AM
Has anyone gone ahead and bought it?
Are the other games as cheap?
#12N2O1990(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 1:07:00 AM(edited)
Reece504 posted...
I thought Chinese games were region lock?

HK=/=China

Hong Kong is different than China til 2047

kyncani posted...
Going there right noooooow !

Edit : Err, you need to setup your Xbox One in chinese as well, it's not a permanent setup.
I'll just get the game when it's cheap then, on PS4.

No you don't need to,you can always change it back once you buy the game
#13duericPosted 8/23/2014 1:54:12 AM
N2O1990 posted...

Won't everything be in Chinese then?

Might get kinda tricky to change back if you don't take notes.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#14N2O1990(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 3:17:12 AM
dueric posted...
N2O1990 posted...

Won't everything be in Chinese then?

Might get kinda tricky to change back if you don't take notes.

HK live store support English
#15miethaPosted 8/23/2014 3:19:52 AM
Just for the record, as a warning, even if it's not region locked now, they could VERY easily change that in the future, especially if a LOT of people exploit it. Fair warning.
#16leelee3105Posted 8/23/2014 5:51:17 AM
I already bought the game, but TC deserves a big xbro fist bump for this
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#17rafa0506Posted 8/23/2014 6:46:11 AM
I was told by xbox you wont be able to change for three months.

Conditions that prevent you from changing your region

You won’t be able to change your region if any of the following conditions apply:

You changed regions within the last three months.

Your account is currently suspended (for example, if the credit card on one of your memberships has expired).
You have an Xbox 360 Entertainment For All contract.
You are a minor (as defined by applicable law) in your current region and will not be a minor in the region that you want to change to.
You are currently not a minor (as defined by applicable law) in your current region and will become a minor in the region that you want to change to.

I hope this isnt true because Iwould to switch back. Because the games are more expensive and a lot of them are region locked to Japan.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#18kyncaniPosted 8/23/2014 7:03:51 AM
Last time I checked, it was true. You can change region only once every three months.

Hence the need for a permanent setup with much lower prices.
#19N2O1990(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 7:10:30 AM(edited)
rafa0506 posted...

You won’t be able to change your region if any of the following conditions apply:

Your account is currently suspended (for example, if the credit card on one of your memberships has expired).
You are a minor (as defined by applicable law) in your current region and will not be a minor in the region that you want to change to.
You are currently not a minor (as defined by applicable law) in your current region and will become a minor in the region that you want to change to.

I hope this isnt true because Iwould to switch back. Because the games are more expensive and a lot of them are region locked to Japan.

kyncani posted...
Last time I checked, it was true. You can change region only once every three months.

Uh you change the location in Xbox One console,not Xbox.com,change location via Xbox One console doesn't have any limit

I seriously thought most people already knew that
#20Crystyn_7BPosted 8/23/2014 8:20:48 AM
N2O1990 posted...
rafa0506 posted...

kyncani posted...

Uh you change the location in Xbox One console,not Xbox.com,change location via Xbox One console doesn't have any limit

I seriously thought most people already knew that

I used to advertise that feature and even had a link to someone explaining everything including the legality but repeatedly posting it got me IP banned on an old account.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)