How big is the hard drive on the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle?

#1Orange_ApplesPosted 8/23/2014 1:34:09 AM
I'm under the impression it was 500GB but an employee at a retailer said it was 1TB. He was trying to figure out why I was getting the Call of Duty bundle and I told him it was the 1TB hard drive to which he responded they have the same hard drive.

I told him I'm certain that the SO edition was 500GB and we kinda left it at that. In doing some quick research I cannot find a hard drive size on the SO edition (The CoD edition makes it quite clear it has a 1TB drive), so I figured someone here is more up to date on this info and can fill me in.
---
Nintendo has some awesome games and a bunch of top notch third party exclusives. Too bad Nintendo doesn't have cool games or third party support.
-The Internet
#2destiny1990Posted 8/23/2014 1:37:03 AM
its not even 500gb. It comes with a measly 365gb available to the user.

For comparison, the PS4 comes with 407gb available to the user.

And since the HD on the xbox is not user replaceable, its even worse value. Just get the 1TB CoD bundle.
#3lunaticcorePosted 8/23/2014 1:37:46 AM
Says 500gb here

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Special-Edition-Sunset-Overdrive-Bundle/productID.306952400?VID=306952400?Wt.mc_id=mscom_xbox_PDP_306952400
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#4destiny1990Posted 8/23/2014 1:38:34 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
I'm under the impression it was 500GB but an employee at a retailer said it was 1TB. He was trying to figure out why I was getting the Call of Duty bundle and I told him it was the 1TB hard drive to which he responded they have the same hard drive.

I told him I'm certain that the SO edition was 500GB and we kinda left it at that. In doing some quick research I cannot find a hard drive size on the SO edition (The CoD edition makes it quite clear it has a 1TB drive), so I figured someone here is more up to date on this info and can fill me in.

Also, you really think MS will give you a 1TB Xbox One bundled with a free game for $399 when a comparable bundle (Cod) IS $499?

Come on.
#5killerbasaPosted 8/23/2014 1:38:52 AM
destiny1990 posted...

And since the HD on the xbox is not user replaceable, its even worse value. Just get the 1TB CoD bundle.

That is just ABSURD! Returning my X1 tomorrow.
#6destiny1990Posted 8/23/2014 1:43:42 AM
killerbasa posted...
destiny1990 posted...

That is just ABSURD! Returning my X1 tomorrow.

don't forget to upload a pic when you return it!
#7Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 2:02:04 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Says 500gb here

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Special-Edition-Sunset-Overdrive-Bundle/productID.306952400?VID=306952400?Wt.mc_id=mscom_xbox_PDP_306952400

I was trying to figure out how I didn't check microsoft store. Figured it out. I was here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/bundles/sunset-overdrive

destiny1990 posted...
Also, you really think MS will give you a 1TB Xbox One bundled with a free game for $399 when a comparable bundle (Cod) IS $499?

Come on.

Well, I actually didn't know the cost of the bundles, I just knew they existed.

destiny1990 posted...

I'm aware of the stock PS4 drive. I have a PS4 and I put a 1TB SSHD in it. But the thing is that the more I look at my PC, WiiU and PS4, the more I want to complete the set.
---
Nintendo has some awesome games and a bunch of top notch third party exclusives. Too bad Nintendo doesn't have cool games or third party support.
-The Internet
#8lunaticcorePosted 8/23/2014 2:04:40 AM
Orange_Apples posted...

the thing is that the more I look at my PC, WiiU and PS4, the more I want to complete the set.

Been there, that is actually how I ended up buying my original Xbox.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#9jc349Posted 8/23/2014 2:08:30 AM
Can't you buy a 1TB HDD and hook it up to your XB1? That's what I planner on doing. I read somewhere that this was doable.
#10Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 2:25:01 AM(edited)
jc349 posted...
Can't you buy a 1TB HDD and hook it up to your XB1? That's what I planner on doing. I read somewhere that this was doable.

you can, but I don't like the idea of my consoles looking like they're on life support. If you have seen the Sega Genesis 32x CD it looks pretty silly and I like the look of just the machine. My main issue with PS4 is that the USBs are on the front and it just looks ugly with cables sticking out of the front. Xbox One's side USB is still kinda annoying, but more reasonable (but it has 2 rear USBs, right?)
So glad the WiiU has 2 USBs on the back (and the front USBs are behind a door).

To use an external hard drive is needs to be USB 3.0 and (I'm probably wrong with this next part) externally powered and a minimum of 250GB with an upper limit of 8GB. Someone who is actually doing this could provide a better answer...
---
-The Internet