Digital Foundry: Face-Off: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

#1quincy2000aPosted 8/23/2014 4:32:03 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-ultimate-evil-face-off
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#2SubSeenixPosted 8/23/2014 4:36:40 AM
Nothing new
PS4 Wins - No frame drops and so on.Was expected.
A toaster can run Diablo 3 on Max Settings.They probably could even have tried to downsample it from a higher resolution to make it even look sharper.

X1 has obviously frame drops.
At least the X1 doesn't cost as much as a PS4...oh wait..They are the same price lol yolo
#3bossk5Posted 8/23/2014 4:38:43 AM
I'm not going to follow the link but instead venture a guess.... Since the TC is posting a link to this one must assume it's not in the Xbox Ones favor?

Did I win?
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#4bossk5Posted 8/23/2014 4:39:39 AM
Nevermind, Trollseenix let the cat out of the bag.
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#5leelee3105Posted 8/23/2014 4:41:23 AM
Well it's pretty clear when you read that the only difference is that they didn't lock the Xbox version at 60fps. They had to watch hours upon hours of game play to find a single frame drop, and it didn't even happen at a overly stressful part of the game.
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#6bossk5Posted 8/23/2014 4:45:06 AM
leelee3105 posted...
Well it's pretty clear when you read that the only difference is that they didn't lock the Xbox version at 60fps. They had to watch hours upon hours of game play to find a single frame drop, and it didn't even happen at a overly stressful part of the game.

Shhh! Don't downplay this gigantic victory for Sony and its band of merry troll fans!
---
#7matanggedong07Posted 8/23/2014 4:53:08 AM
A good news.

Ps4 and pc versions are locked at 60fps, and
Xbone constantly at 60fps.
And all three versions almost identical.

Choose ur platform now.
---
PSN ID: masca2014
#8quincy2000a(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 5:00:02 AM
matanggedong07 posted...

"In terms of frame-rate metrics, the Xbox One does show flickers of strain in meeting its recent 1080p upgrade - something never elicited by the PS4, which holds at 60fps in likewise tests. These drops, as infrequent as they are, make it harder to call the Xbox One release a purely locked 60fps experience in pragmatic terms, but it's clearly a solid performer. So much so, that it begs the question: could the PS4 release have been pushed any harder to take advantage of its own GPU headroom?"
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#9ExempliGratiaPosted 8/23/2014 5:06:04 AM
quincy2000a posted...
matanggedong07 posted...

"In terms of frame-rate metrics, the Xbox One does show flickers of strain in meeting its recent 1080p upgrade - something never elicited by the PS4, which holds at 60fps in likewise tests. These drops, as infrequent as they are, make it harder to call the Xbox One release a purely locked 60fps experience in pragmatic terms, but it's clearly a solid performer. So much so, that it begs the question: could the PS4 release have been pushed any harder to take advantage of its own GPU headroom?"

---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#10nableetPosted 8/23/2014 5:06:40 AM
Both very, very close. I would be happy with either version. However, with the slight dip in framerate, was going up to 1080 really worth it on the xbone? Would a solid 60fps (as was evident in the 900p build) have been better?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff