Digital Foundry: Face-Off: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

#11quincy2000a(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 5:08:35 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
quincy2000a posted...
matanggedong07 posted...
And all three versions almost identical.

"In terms of frame-rate metrics, the Xbox One does show flickers of strain in meeting its recent 1080p upgrade - something never elicited by the PS4, which holds at 60fps in likewise tests. These drops, as infrequent as they are, make it harder to call the Xbox One release a purely locked 60fps experience in pragmatic terms, but it's clearly a solid performer. So much so, that it begs the question: could the PS4 release have been pushed any harder to take advantage of its own GPU headroom?"

---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#12InjusticeRebornPosted 8/23/2014 5:08:54 AM
quincy2000a posted...
matanggedong07 posted...
And all three versions almost identical.

"In terms of frame-rate metrics, the Xbox One does show flickers of strain in meeting its recent 1080p upgrade - something never elicited by the PS4, which holds at 60fps in likewise tests. These drops, as infrequent as they are, make it harder to call the Xbox One release a purely locked 60fps experience in pragmatic terms, but it's clearly a solid performer. So much so, that it begs the question: could the PS4 release have been pushed any harder to take advantage of its own GPU headroom?"

So, are we going to see claims of XB1 version holding back PS4 version because of parity again?

Also, Seenix, you owe me a new copy of D3:UEE. I put my PS4 version in, and it melted the disc. Fudge you and your lies.
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#13axelfooley2k5Posted 8/23/2014 5:10:08 AM(edited)
I bought this for xbox one yesterday

I just needed more games and i dont think you can say ps4 is superior enough to make it a big enough difference
---
Rolling Stones, Street Fighting Man, G-Sevennnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud71mm2TxP4
#14IzraeilPosted 8/23/2014 5:10:58 AM
These cross platform releases don't mean much. The differences between the consoles will be more obvious when current gen only games start coming out.
#15SPARTAN_D7Posted 8/23/2014 5:23:50 AM
Man, I bought the XB1 version. You're telling me I have to put up with dips as low as 52fps a couple times an act? May as well throw it in the garbage.
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#16kyncaniPosted 8/23/2014 5:49:04 AM
bossk5 posted...
I'm not going to follow the link but instead venture a guess.... Since the TC is posting a link to this one must assume it's not in the Xbox Ones favor?

Did I win?

It's a comparison between PC, PS4 and Xbox One version so no, it is not in Xbox One favor.
#17carryonifucanPosted 8/23/2014 5:50:43 AM
SubSeenix posted...
Nothing new
PS4 Wins - No frame drops and so on.Was expected.
A toaster can run Diablo 3 on Max Settings.They probably could even have tried to downsample it from a higher resolution to make it even look sharper.

X1 has obviously frame drops.
At least the X1 doesn't cost as much as a PS4...oh wait..They are the same price lol yolo

This is the most truthful thing here.

If the fanboys are going to claim a "victory" it shows how short sighted they are.

This game does not push system limits even slightly.
#18TheBonfiniPosted 8/23/2014 5:59:40 AM
Another feather in Sony's superior multiplat cap. It's starting to look like they're prepping for a Pow Wow
---
Friendly advice taken.
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#19DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/23/2014 6:02:05 AM
Good thing the frame drops aren't noticeable to the human eye. They need computer analysis to find 1 or 2 frame drops in hours of gameplay. Why is this even being talked about?
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin
#20TheGam3925Posted 8/23/2014 6:03:39 AM
Not surprising that the PS4 runs a last gen game better than the Xbone at this point. I'm afraid to see what happens 2-3 years down the line when the PS4 pushes its hardware to the limit and the Xbone can't keep up.

It really isn't a good sign that MS can't lock a last gen game at 60 fps though.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.