Digital Foundry: Face-Off: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

#21schmarkenheimerPosted 8/23/2014 7:10:34 AM
Just in case people are wondering about PC performance:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195-5.html

http://media.bestofmicro.com/F/S/336232/original/high-1920.png

PC benchmarks from release 2 years ago. Not a hard game to run. For those wondering, the 460 and 6850 were released 4 years ago.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#22DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/23/2014 7:25:21 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Not surprising that the PS4 runs a last gen game better than the Xbone at this point. I'm afraid to see what happens 2-3 years down the line when the PS4 pushes its hardware to the limit and the Xbone can't keep up.

It really isn't a good sign that MS can't lock a last gen game at 60 fps though.

Indeed. The games will all look worse than Ryse and eventually resemble NES games and no one who bought an Xbox One will be able to enjoy their games. It's all down hill from here. Pack it up people! We had a good run, but Diablo 3 may drop a frame or two once during your play through, so sell your One.
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin
#23Laylow12Posted 8/23/2014 7:43:20 AM
Owie Maui

"It reaches as low as 52fps on Xbox One, whereas with the rendering glitch now fully attended to on PS4, Sony's hardware never drops a frame in these areas."

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#24DerekRossPosted 8/23/2014 8:14:04 AM
note to multiplatform owners, don't buy multiplats on Xbox one ever
#25eatontjPosted 8/23/2014 8:14:56 AM
So on the game is basically identical on both consoles except that on the Xbox One I get to play with the more comfortable (for me) controller and snap TV, Netflix, a digital movie, etc. at the same time?

Huuuuge advantage Xbox One.
---
www.FairTax.org
#26Laylow12Posted 8/23/2014 8:30:24 AM
eatontj posted...
So on the game is basically identical on both consoles except that on the Xbox One I get to play with the more comfortable (for me) controller and snap TV, Netflix, a digital movie, etc. at the same time?

Huuuuge advantage Xbox One.

No, I think you misread the article. There are frame drops into the low 50s on the XBOX ONE version and no such problems on the PS4.

Huuuuge advantage PS4.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#27Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 8/23/2014 8:36:29 AM
Stress-testing the PS4 and Xbox One builds in matching areas shows a PS4 lead. A 52fps drop is the lowest recorded on Microsoft's platform here, but to be fair, these frame-rate dips took some finding.

I guess those that hoped(I mean feared)that it would drop to the low 20's can quit worrying.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yrlM3sD.gif
#28gohoanqPosted 8/23/2014 8:43:29 AM
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Good thing the frame drops aren't noticeable to the human eye. They need computer analysis to find 1 or 2 frame drops in hours of gameplay. Why is this even being talked about?

Because sites like that make people that have no idea wth they're talking about think they're experts. lol It means absolutely nothing to most gamers but a few just can't let it go.. It's the thought of one console not being exactly the same as the other that bothers them.. if they even care because most of them I'm sure are just trolls. lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#29OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/23/2014 8:46:07 AM
gohoanq posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Good thing the frame drops aren't noticeable to the human eye. They need computer analysis to find 1 or 2 frame drops in hours of gameplay. Why is this even being talked about?

Because sites like that make people that have no idea wth they're talking about think they're experts. lol It means absolutely nothing to most gamers but a few just can't let it go.. It's the thought of one console not being exactly the same as the other that bothers them.. if they even care because most of them I'm sure are just trolls. lol

The xbox camp seemed to care what Digital Foundry had to say when they were doing comparisons of ps3 and xbox 360 games last gen.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#30AceAndJunpeiPosted 8/23/2014 9:06:34 AM
DerekRoss posted...
note to multiplatform owners, don't buy multiplats on Xbox one ever

Strider on XB1 is ever so slightly superior over the PS4 version according to DF.

So I bought that one multiplat on the XB1.
---
"**** ****..."-* **** ***** (8/8/14)