Digital Foundry: Face-Off: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

#31Rome218Posted 8/23/2014 9:13:16 AM
I own this game, it runs so smooth. I am almost Paragon 100 so I have been addicted. >_< I have been on Gamefaqs forever and just purely unbiased, I do not notice any frame drops.

On Sniper Elite 3, a great game, there was a stage with awful spikes. I know what frame drops feel like, and I really have not noticed any.

Also, people on XBL talk a lot, so that may not be a good thing. I notice compared to Ryse online, more people communicate now. Every random lobby I go, there are usually at least 2 people with a mic.

If you're not going to go mic, then I would want to play it on PC to type.
#32Rome218Posted 8/23/2014 9:14:19 AM
For me people talking on Diablo 3 is a big deal, since I have worked together and traded with people..
#33OkayPlayer1Posted 8/23/2014 9:44:27 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Owie Maui

"It reaches as low as 52fps on Xbox One, whereas with the rendering glitch now fully attended to on PS4, Sony's hardware never drops a frame in these areas."

Let's pick and choose quotes for fun!

"But is this performance a deal-breaker for Xbox One? Given how infrequently we bumped into the issue, even during frenzied sand dune battles with two allied AI players in tow, the issue is surprisingly rare. Most drops tend to be imperceptible, and in the end, we resorted to scanning hours of footage to track most shifts downwards from the 60fps mark. A screen filled with effects-spewing creatures isn't necessarily the ticket to a frame-rate drop - even at its extremes the Xbox One holds up well save for a few choice moments."
#34grampamurkedPosted 8/23/2014 9:46:11 AM
I have it on all 3 platforms and there is no discernable difference.

Stop trolling
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#35kuterPosted 8/23/2014 9:53:08 AM
They should of shown Act5 with 4 people.
#36Reece504Posted 8/23/2014 10:00:19 AM
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Good thing the frame drops aren't noticeable to the human eye. They need computer analysis to find 1 or 2 frame drops in hours of gameplay. Why is this even being talked about?

its really xbox one only flaw at this point can't bash kinect its optional, the price the same, exclusives are better only thing x1 has is this resolution crap. Although I say again ps4 and wi u and x1 fail to hit 1080p 60fps every single game so why is this even bought up everyday when not just x1 but none of the consoles seem to hit it.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#37bossk5Posted 8/23/2014 10:30:10 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
gohoanq posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Good thing the frame drops aren't noticeable to the human eye. They need computer analysis to find 1 or 2 frame drops in hours of gameplay. Why is this even being talked about?

Because sites like that make people that have no idea wth they're talking about think they're experts. lol It means absolutely nothing to most gamers but a few just can't let it go.. It's the thought of one console not being exactly the same as the other that bothers them.. if they even care because most of them I'm sure are just trolls. lol

The xbox camp seemed to care what Digital Foundry had to say when they were doing comparisons of ps3 and xbox 360 games last gen.

And the Sony camp was quick to dismiss the comparisons as irrelevant. Works both ways Champ.
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#38Rome218Posted 8/23/2014 10:33:27 AM
Reece504 posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...

its really xbox one only flaw at this point can't bash kinect its optional, the price the same, exclusives are better only thing x1 has is this resolution crap. Although I say again ps4 and wi u and x1 fail to hit 1080p 60fps every single game so why is this even bought up everyday when not just x1 but none of the consoles seem to hit it.

Yeah, I agree. The PS4 is more powerful than the XB1, I knew that when I purchased the system.

I was more interested in games, keeping my achievements and friends, and enjoying xbox live.

I am more than okay with 900p games and PS4 having 1080p games, I honestly do not think it will be much of a jump at all. They can talk about pixels, but I played Tomb Raider again and although it looked better, my experience was not any different. The jump to 1080p did not make the game better, in fact, it still looks good on 720p. I own it on 360 and xb1.

Also, I am seeing great looking games anyway. Wolfenstein, BF4, UFC, Madden 15(The new one looks great, Madden 25 looked like crap), NBA 2k14, Ryse..

So I'm not really concerned about the graphics department like everyone else is, I think it is on par with what's on PS4, while the PS4 may look better on some games I do not think the difference is anything big.

I am hyped about TR2, I am a huge fan of the first one as I own it again on both consoles. Quantom Break looks amazing and are made by the original Max Payne makes, and they also made Alan Wake. I love EA Access and the controller is so perfect to me.

To all ya'll PS4 fans, enjoy what you guys have. o_O A lot of the posts I see makes me feel like you guys are insecure or something, I feel like their is a lot of jealousy or something. Like Sony fans feels like they have something to prove, when this is a forum about video games.. many of which we are going on our own platforms and have similar experiences, with xbl being a way more social one.
#39AceAndJunpeiPosted 8/23/2014 11:54:17 AM
grampamurked posted...
I have it on all 3 platforms and there is no discernable difference.

Stop trolling

Why would you buy it 3 times?

You trolled your wallet.
---
"**** ****..."-* **** ***** (8/8/14)
#40yanksfan4247Posted 8/23/2014 12:02:09 PM
eatontj posted...
snap TV, Netflix, a digital movie, etc. at the same time?

Watch tv and play Diablo at the same time? Why?
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer