Digital Foundry: Face-Off: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Face-Off: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition
9 months ago#41
yanksfan4247 posted...
eatontj posted...
snap TV, Netflix, a digital movie, etc. at the same time?

Watch tv and play Diablo at the same time? Why?

Isn't Diablo like 90% grinding? Sounds like a perfect game to play while watching tv
9 months ago#42
i been playing with tons of witch doctor's and i havne't realy had any lag in gameplay or slowness so why dropping 8 frames a second is even an issue or a discussion who cares. they could do another patch just for xbox one when they figure out how to 60 fps locked in.

how ever the point above when ps4 start pushing the console hard and xbox can't keep up

by then devlopers will be able to push the xbox well past where its at. just like last gen ps3 devolopers had tons of issues with programing for that console.

just flipped the switch. ps3 was techinically superior but 360 was still the better overall expereince.
9 months ago#43
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/08/23/diablo-3-ps4-xbox-one-comparison/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=diablo-3-ps4-xbox-one-comparison
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
9 months ago#44
Laylow12 posted...
eatontj posted...
So on the game is basically identical on both consoles except that on the Xbox One I get to play with the more comfortable (for me) controller and snap TV, Netflix, a digital movie, etc. at the same time?

Huuuuge advantage Xbox One.

No, I think you misread the article. There are frame drops into the low 50s on the XBOX ONE version and no such problems on the PS4.

Huuuuge advantage PS4.

I'll get whichever version is cheaper, it will probably be the PS4 version.

The game will sell much better on PS4 anyway.
9 months ago#45
quincy2000a posted...
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/08/23/diablo-3-ps4-xbox-one-comparison/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=diablo-3-ps4-xbox-one-comparison

you really need a girlfriend dude
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
9 months ago#46
kyncani posted...
Laylow12 posted...
eatontj posted...
So on the game is basically identical on both consoles except that on the Xbox One I get to play with the more comfortable (for me) controller and snap TV, Netflix, a digital movie, etc. at the same time?

Huuuuge advantage Xbox One.

No, I think you misread the article. There are frame drops into the low 50s on the XBOX ONE version and no such problems on the PS4.

Huuuuge advantage PS4.

I'll get whichever version is cheaper, it will probably be the PS4 version.

The game will sell much better on PS4 anyway.

More people own PS4s so that is a definite possibility.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
9 months ago#47
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
Stress-testing the PS4 and Xbox One builds in matching areas shows a PS4 lead. A 52fps drop is the lowest recorded on Microsoft's platform here, but to be fair, these frame-rate dips took some finding.

I guess those that hoped(I mean feared)that it would drop to the low 20's can quit worrying.

They must have spent hours inches away from the screen to find it, it's how gamers enjoy games these days you know?

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
9 months ago#48
Did anyone else notice that the same people decrying this comparison were ebullient when it was initially revealed that pre-patch D3 had a better framerate on the XB1?

Hilarious double-standards exposed once again.
---
"**** ****..."-* **** ***** (8/8/14)
9 months ago#49
nableet posted...
Both very, very close. I would be happy with either version. However, with the slight dip in framerate, was going up to 1080 really worth it on the xbone? Would a solid 60fps (as was evident in the 900p build) have been better?

Yes since sony fans said frame rate doesnt matter for ghosts which is never 60fps on ps4. Only 1080p mattered then.
9 months ago#50
zephirraines posted...
nableet posted...
Both very, very close. I would be happy with either version. However, with the slight dip in framerate, was going up to 1080 really worth it on the xbone? Would a solid 60fps (as was evident in the 900p build) have been better?

Yes since sony fans said frame rate doesnt matter for ghosts which is never 60fps on ps4. Only 1080p mattered then.

I heard a lot of them aren't going to play The Order or DriveClub because both games are supposedly launching at 30FPS. It sucks for them because both games look fun.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Face-Off: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived