Digital Foundry: Face-Off: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

#51zephirrainesPosted 8/25/2014 6:42:02 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
zephirraines posted...
nableet posted...
Both very, very close. I would be happy with either version. However, with the slight dip in framerate, was going up to 1080 really worth it on the xbone? Would a solid 60fps (as was evident in the 900p build) have been better?

Yes since sony fans said frame rate doesnt matter for ghosts which is never 60fps on ps4. Only 1080p mattered then.

I heard a lot of them aren't going to play The Order or DriveClub because both games are supposedly launching at 30FPS. It sucks for them because both games look fun.

---

Yeah this must be their first game they can get on ps4 come to think of it.... Oh wait they all have gaming pcs for dead rising 3 and titanfall so why would they wait for D3.

So many double standards.
#52AceAndJunpeiPosted 8/25/2014 6:44:38 AM
zephirraines posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
zephirraines posted...
nableet posted...
Both very, very close. I would be happy with either version. However, with the slight dip in framerate, was going up to 1080 really worth it on the xbone? Would a solid 60fps (as was evident in the 900p build) have been better?

Yes since sony fans said frame rate doesnt matter for ghosts which is never 60fps on ps4. Only 1080p mattered then.

I heard a lot of them aren't going to play The Order or DriveClub because both games are supposedly launching at 30FPS. It sucks for them because both games look fun.

---

Yeah this must be their first game they can get on ps4 come to think of it.... Oh wait they all have gaming pcs for dead rising 3 and titanfall so why would they wait for D3.

So many double standards.

That example doesn't really work for Diablo 3 though.

Many (such as myself) chose not to play it on PC because of the always-online requirement and the Real Money Auction House, both of which are thankfully gone on consoles.
---
"**** ****..."-* **** ***** (8/8/14)
#53DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/25/2014 6:53:15 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
Stress-testing the PS4 and Xbox One builds in matching areas shows a PS4 lead. A 52fps drop is the lowest recorded on Microsoft's platform here, but to be fair, these frame-rate dips took some finding.

I guess those that hoped(I mean feared)that it would drop to the low 20's can quit worrying.

They must have spent hours inches away from the screen to find it, it's how gamers enjoy games these days you know?

---

Nah, they use software to find the frame drops. If they were trying to find framerate issues with their eyes they would have never noticed. I played enough Diablo 3 on 360 to know when the framerate drops and I have yet to see it happen on the Xbox One version.

That guy Laylow seems to be in some fanboy fantasy land in every thread I see him in. What's his deal?
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin
#54SyxxPakk6Posted 8/25/2014 7:28:15 AM
The game looks like crap on a maxed out PC.. why are they comparing them like this? It's not meant to be an amazing looking game its just supposed to be what it is.. a loot grind e-peen test.
---
Gamertag: I S Y X X l - Battlefield 3/4: xI6ISYXXI6Ix | Marvel Heroes: xTrippi
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | POE Fistkicks | RIFT: Trippi
#55leatheljPosted 8/25/2014 8:16:27 AM
Ahh DF your such bs getting rich off stupid people and fanboys console wars I really hate them and I hate DF for fueling it for profit.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.