Will an average person really see a difference between PS4/XB1 visuals/graphics?

#21ScRuiPosted 8/23/2014 12:08:12 PM
LOL

ironic... the visual ability of posters usually goes along with thier console preferences...

to a normal person with a gaming hobby, and enjoys playing games... the difference is negligible...

same as last gen, exclusives will look more apart IF these consoles are 50% power from each other as the 'expert' posters like to express...

as of right now, exclusives still aren't standing out either way... both consoles have their 'stud' game visually... gameplay is another thing all together on those games LOL
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#22scoobydoobydontPosted 8/23/2014 12:16:41 PM
I can see the difference, but don't care. I doubt the average person will notice the difference between gens even unless they switch between them quickly or it's pointed out. The average person says "good enough" to 128kbs MP3s, DVD quality video and anything with Wii/Xbox/GC/PS2 graphics, most don't care or notice beyond that.

That said, marketing and consumer buzz that tells the average gamer that PS4 is more powerful CAN make a difference, even if most of them would never notice. I think a lot of people here forget that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#23Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/23/2014 12:18:22 PM
Definitely if not on a sucky TV.

It's not that there's much of a difference between 900p and 1080p, it's just that on a native 1080p screen, the 900p will look worse than it is supposed to due to upscaling, resulting in an obvious difference.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#24MightyMunaPosted 8/23/2014 12:32:38 PM(edited)
The only PS4 and Xbox One game I've seen juxtaposed in reality is Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and the difference was immediately noticeable. The PS4 version was sharper and smoother.

Everyone in the game shop said the same thing, even people who weren't really watching both but made a cursory glance said the same thing. One of the staff said there is a similar difference in Call of Duty Ghosts as well but it wasn't on display.

So yeah, people will notice but the depends on the game.
#25allan247Posted 8/23/2014 12:39:44 PM
Lol I love the guy that compares multi gen games. You r genus.
---
USMC 0331, 2/6 Camp Lejeune, NC (Veteran OEF 2010, 2011 Helmand Province)
#26OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/23/2014 12:42:46 PM
If I take off my glasses they both look the same. o.o I guess my eye doctor is a sony fanboy or something.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#27plus1zeroPosted 8/23/2014 12:43:49 PM
ACx7 posted...
The difference is obvious for most games. Even for the average person. But the majority of us that own either console don't care. We just want to play good games.

No they're not obvious. Having both I can tell you most games look pretty close.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#28duericPosted 8/23/2014 12:59:07 PM
No. Unless they're actually an owl. But then they wouldn't be average or a person.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#29jellybeanmasterPosted 8/23/2014 1:05:08 PM
Only in exclusives and bad ports
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#30Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/23/2014 1:08:57 PM
The difference between the PS2 and the original Xbox was bigger than the difference between the Xbox One and the PS4. Most Sony fans seem to forget that.
---
hey foo
hey foo