Will an average person really see a difference between PS4/XB1 visuals/graphics?

#31duericPosted 8/23/2014 1:10:17 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
The difference between the PS2 and the original Xbox was bigger than the difference between the Xbox One and the PS4. Most Sony fans seem to forget that.

Nah. They remember. But that was 13 years ago. Not even remotely relevant now.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#32Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/23/2014 1:12:38 PM
dueric posted...
The difference between the PS2 and the original Xbox was bigger than the difference between the Xbox One and the PS4. Most Sony fans seem to forget that.

It makes me feel some type of way when I know someone that loved the PS2 go around and complain about the resolution and frame rate of the Xbox One. Its like "Bro.... Come on.... You liked the PS2."
---
hey foo
hey foo
#33duericPosted 8/23/2014 1:15:58 PM
dueric posted...

It makes me feel some type of way when I know someone that loved the PS2 go around and complain about the resolution and frame rate of the Xbox One. Its like "Bro.... Come on.... You liked the PS2."

Well, yeah. But dude, those guys aren't making a fuss because they care about the "console war" or graphics.

They're making a fuss because it leads to an entertaining Gamefaqs.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#34Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/23/2014 1:22:44 PM
dueric posted...
dueric posted...

Well, yeah. But dude, those guys aren't making a fuss because they care about the "console war" or graphics.

They're making a fuss because it leads to an entertaining Gamefaqs.

Its not just GameFAQs for the sake of entertainment, I've talked to a couple people in real life over this. They make huge deal about resolution and frame rate then state the PS2 is their favorite console. Then I have to remind them that the PS2 had the worst graphics, resolution, and framerate of that generation. Then they state something like "Oh I didn't know any better" or "That was a long time ago, its different now" or very rarely "Crap you're right. Why do I care so much now?" And then I answer "Media Brainwashing"
---
hey foo
hey foo
#35secondhand1Posted 8/23/2014 1:27:47 PM
TullyBlanchard posted...
Is the difference really there? Or are people just looking at specs and running with them?

Most of the people that constantly complain about resolution and frame rate are hive mind morons who see numbers and want to expose the internet to their horrible communication skills.

Yes, the difference is there. No, it won't be noticeable by most people.
---
I don't row.
#36duericPosted 8/23/2014 1:29:13 PM

Its not just GameFAQs for the sake of entertainment, I've talked to a couple people in real life over this. They make huge deal about resolution and frame rate then state the PS2 is their favorite console. Then I have to remind them that the PS2 had the worst graphics, resolution, and framerate of that generation. Then they state something like "Oh I didn't know any better" or "That was a long time ago, its different now" or very rarely "Crap you're right. Why do I care so much now?" And then I answer "Media Brainwashing"

Well, those people are clearly not the rule but the exception. No normal, rational human adult cares one way or the other.
---
#37leelee3105Posted 8/23/2014 1:30:28 PM
Sure if I combed through a game looking for a few frames that looked better on PS4 and screen captured them, then told the average person exactly what to look for they could see a difference
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#38Tacoman561Posted 8/23/2014 1:31:50 PM
A difference between 720/792p and 900/1080p? Possibly, depending on how big your screen is, the quality of your screen, how good your eyes are, and how much attention a pay.

A difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS? (There are less games on PS4 that have a higher frame rate than XB1 than there are games that have a higher resolution, but there are some.) Almost definitely.
---
PSN ID: JayTheSnark - Steam ID/NNID: Sylfar
3DS FC: 3969 - 4140 - 6724 Mii name: J. (Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Magneton, Skarmory, Bronzong - IGN: Mimi)
#39TG_WolfPosted 8/23/2014 1:35:58 PM
If by "average person" you mean a human, then no you can't see the difference.
The human eye cannot tell the difference, that is a proven fact.

The reason people CLAIM to be able to tell the difference is purely because something/someone TELLS them one image is higher res. than the other and that in turn makes them think they can see the difference.

If I gave you two identical images and told you one was 1080p and the other was 720p your brain would fool your eyes into believing that it was true.
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence: :Official Muu of Everything
Official Saberwulf of the KI Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^] TMAFI :3
#40Wii_TruthPosted 8/23/2014 1:37:19 PM
it's a small difference, but it is noticeable to me. It reminds me of the first time I compared HD to SD. The average person won't care, but serious gamers will pick up on it.
---
Take that look from off your face, cuz you ain't ever gonna burn my heart out.