Will an average person really see a difference between PS4/XB1 visuals/graphics?

#41C810Posted 8/23/2014 1:39:04 PM
The average person probably won't because it isn't super obvious. The only thing that might tip someone off is the sharpening filter, or whatever, on the X1 that makes everything darker. Like the comparisons between AC 4 on the X1, PS4, PC, and Wii U where the X1's screenshots looked darker. But if the contrast and brightness are the same, I'd wager no. Not even a chance
---
Xbox 360, PS4, PS Vita 2000, GBA SP, GBA Micro, 2DS. Wanting a PS3 and Wii U, maybe a Vita TV.
Trading BL 2 Vita code for $15 in eShop/XBL points. PM for trade
#42Darkside_ShadowPosted 8/23/2014 1:56:28 PM
Sometimes I can tell the difference. But other times the tears in my eyes, from the pain
of holding the Ps4 controller blurs my vision.

At least the X1 controller lets me enjoy both gameplay and some graphics.
#43LEGEND_725Posted 8/23/2014 1:56:50 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
We all know the PS4 graphics are superior.

I think the bigger issue is why are the XBOX ONE graphics so similar to the 360?

http://minus.com/lBKehHpgg8Yym

Can you spot the difference?

.....yes?

gotta love a troll like Laylow down playing the difference in these images while going nuts over ps4 x one comparison images in games that are much, much similar.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#44ascendedcobraPosted 8/23/2014 2:12:15 PM
TullyBlanchard posted...
I don't know necessarily if I'd consider myself 'hardcore' but i'm certainly not a casual gamer and i feel like I wouldn't even notice a difference between the graphical capabilities between the two consoles...

Is the difference really there? Or are people just looking at specs and running with them?
exactly. I have them both and a 75" 1080p samsung and can tell you graphics are basically the same.
#45turtle_owns_youPosted 8/23/2014 2:12:19 PM
The only difference i see, is xb1 looking slightly more realistic than ps4. Ps4 seems to be too colourful. Almost borderlandsy for a lot of games where xb1 isnt as colourful making it seem less cartoony. Either way i don't notice much differ from my 360 to xb1 and ps4. Ps3 is probably the same too just havent used mine in a while to say.

I guess i've probably broken my eye sight with likeb7 years 720p gaming though who knows.
#46AkuryuPosted 8/23/2014 2:13:31 PM
Resolution difference? Maybe, maybe not. Some of that depends on the TV too. On a smaller screen the difference between 900 and 1080p won't be that noticeable.

Framerate difference? Absolutely. The difference between 30 and 60 FPS is immediately noticeable.
#47VeiledGenesisPosted 8/23/2014 2:18:41 PM
TullyBlanchard posted...
I don't know necessarily if I'd consider myself 'hardcore' but i'm certainly not a casual gamer and i feel like I wouldn't even notice a difference between the graphical capabilities between the two consoles...

Is the difference really there? Or are people just looking at specs and running with them?

Are you implying that non-gamers are too stupid to tell the differences in graphically fidelity, artistic direcrion, and modeling capabilities? If so, then this is the dumbest thing I've heard in some time.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#48scoobydoobydontPosted 8/23/2014 2:19:01 PM
ITT: People keep pretending 60fps matters. No one notices or cares, except the same ones whining about resolution (and only when it benefits their trolling). Normal people will not notice or care if CoD is 30fps unless the change occurs in the middle of play.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#49AkuryuPosted 8/23/2014 2:27:57 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
ITT: People keep pretending 60fps matters. No one notices or cares, except the same ones whining about resolution (and only when it benefits their trolling). Normal people will not notice or care if CoD is 30fps unless the change occurs in the middle of play.

If your point is that somebody who has never seen better than 30 won't notice or care... well yeah. I guess. Ignorance is bliss. I've been PC gaming for years at 60 (and often much much higher) FPS. 30 FPS is immediately noticeable to me. It looks awful quite frankly.
#50HenryKazukaPosted 8/23/2014 2:31:30 PM
TG_Wolf posted...
If by "average person" you mean a human, then no you can't see the difference.
The human eye cannot tell the difference, that is a proven fact.

The reason people CLAIM to be able to tell the difference is purely because something/someone TELLS them one image is higher res. than the other and that in turn makes them think they can see the difference.

If I gave you two identical images and told you one was 1080p and the other was 720p your brain would fool your eyes into believing that it was true.

That's some strong denial you have going on.
---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!