Immersion-killers: What rips you out of the action, personally, when gaming?

#41Sinist3r_BladePosted 8/24/2014 6:35:28 AM
Being told to look at the gamepad every 5 minutes while playing ZombiU.
#42zxghostravenxzPosted 8/24/2014 6:55:50 AM
Get right in the middle of heated combat, then a thunderstorm knocks out your power for a couple hours.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#43lunchbox2042Posted 8/24/2014 8:23:14 AM
Custscenes. I'm playing a game because I want action, not because I want to see a movie.
#44EstocassassinPosted 8/24/2014 8:37:59 AM
lunchbox2042 posted...
Custscenes. I'm playing a game because I want action, not because I want to see a movie.

Play multiplayer then
---
I have a great idea that i am taking straight to dragons den!!!!!
Salt shakers in the shape of sony fanboys XD
#45LEGEND_725Posted 8/24/2014 8:39:58 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
IHATEMYGT posted...
Grunts speaking in English on halo 3 was the worst: prophets and some sanghelli I can deal with but not thewhole ccovenant. Come on now bungie!!!

I'm sure I read that the Mjolnir armour was upgraded with a translator, which is why he could understand all of the enemies.

But I agree it totally lessens the effect of the Covenant as a foreboding alien force.

Grunts could speak English in halo CE lol.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#46EstocassassinPosted 8/24/2014 8:44:57 AM
Not really sure if this counts because it doesn't kill immersion but it prevents it for me full stop, bad motion blur i cannot stand, i noticed it really badly on tlou (ps3) and forza 4 it just prevented me from enjoying the games as much as possible.
---
I have a great idea that i am taking straight to dragons den!!!!!
Salt shakers in the shape of sony fanboys XD
#47zxghostravenxzPosted 8/24/2014 8:52:51 AM
Bad driving physics. SE is famous for this in sleeping dogs and just cause, especially when it comes to chase scenes.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#48DvoloS88Posted 8/24/2014 11:04:51 AM
Disappearing dead bodies especially the games that have bodies dissappear in seconds like dead rising 2, as soon as zombies hit the floor in rag doll they disappeared.

Reloading animations that don't actually take the clip/mag out (I'm looking at you TITANFALL) which is inexcusable for current gen. This is something the battlefield series has had down since modern combat! Cod finally started doing this beginning with black ops 2.

Terrible death animations such as all getting shot in the back only to fly backwards like you took a shotgun to the gut point blank (COD!)

Abysmal voice acting in mature games, yeah dead island that's you!

Bugs and glitches in sp games...
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#49StoneColdPlayaPosted 8/24/2014 4:04:51 PM
zxghostravenxz posted...
Battlefield 4: start taking a hail of bullets, duck behind cover, die two seconds later.

This
---
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
#50Killa1Posted 8/24/2014 4:08:21 PM
when my gf calls me on the phone.