The time is upon us! The update to rule them all!

#1MrImpatient35Posted 8/23/2014 11:28:15 AM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/23/xbox-one-september-update-now-available-to-everyone-in-preview-program-brings-media-player-and-more/

Now the September preview is finally available to everyone in the preview program, so if you’re part of it you may want to check it out, as it prepares for some rather big features, like the media player app which was announced at Gamescom, and that will soon (but not yet) support DLNA as well.

Be also ready for a rather long download, because this is one hefty patch, weighing over 1.4 gigabytes.

The Party App has been re-organized! You can now see what activities everyone in your party is doing, and more quickly perform common actions like muting, joining, or sending game invites. Also, Parties now have a Party Leader. This person can change whether the party requires invitations, and she/he can remove others from the party

Media Player. A new app will be available soon that enables users to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon.

Boot to TV. Now Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.

Live TV miniguide. For markets where OneGuide is available, a new miniguide on the bottom of the screen will display details about the TV content that is currently playing. Users can quickly change channels, see what’s on other channels, and access recent channels to quickly navigate to 1 more or previous channels.

SmartGlass updates. Lots of updates for SmartGlass this month, including posting status messages from Activity Feed, commenting and sharing items from Activity Feed and from Game Clips, a personalized Activity Feed on your profile, conversation view for Messages, record Game Clips directly from the Now Playing bar, and a What’s New page.

“Xbox On” in new markets. We’re adding support for additional markets to use the “Xbox On” Kinect voice command to power on their consoles: Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Brazil.

GameDVR multi clip deletes. Users will be able to choose multiple GameDVR clips to delete at once in the Upload app.

Today a new “update to the update” (numbered xb_rel_1409.140820-2200) has also been made available, and below you can check out the new changes:

Fix for issues where apps and games may fail to launch until the console is rebooted.
Fix to address issues where attempting to connect to a multiplayer session may fail.
Tweaks to improve performance on Home, resolving issues such as black screens and lag/freezing. If you continue to encounter this, please report it immediately using the Feedback app (available via Report a problem, or if you have it installed already, hold Xbox button and press Y)

There are also some known issues to be aware of:

If you leave your console idle on a Settings sub menu for at least 30 seconds, and you have your console connected via wireless, it may navigate back to the main Settings page automatically.
You may experience stability issues when viewing large image files with the Media Player app.
Your external drive may not be recognized when the console powers on.
Workaround: Unplug and reconnect your external drive.

If you’re not part of the preview program, but want to help testing the update, you can look for someone that is already in the program, and he’ll be able to invite you. Just remember that the update is in beta testing, so it could most definitely cause problems to your system.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#2MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 11:28:48 AM
Beta testing is not a privileged way to check out the update before everyone else, but a service you do to the community, that (as you can see from the list of known issues) can often be inconvenient. If that doesn’t scare you, feel free to ask for an invite in the comments, specifying your gamertag. You might find other readers willing to invite you.
---
#3That_Damn_KidPosted 8/23/2014 11:30:15 AM
"“Xbox On” in new markets. We’re adding support for additional markets to use the “Xbox On” Kinect voice command to power on their consoles: Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Brazil."

It took them this long?
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID - PSN: Lamburghini89 - NNID: Its_Pikachu
#4MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 11:37:35 AM
I'm so happy I decided to go with X1. I love the system more with each monthly update! With all its faults, the media player MORE than makes up for them. I wanted that so much. I can play mkv files now?! That sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?
---
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 11:49:53 AM
Did someone post this already? I searched for the word update, but didn't see anyone who posted this, so I did. Thought people would appreciate reading this. I thought the media player would come in the October update. Since media player is happening next month, I'm guessing DLNA support will happen in October? I'm guessing MS will do that when Sony adds the share play thing.
---
#6astutecolliePosted 8/23/2014 11:51:47 AM
So can you play just any video file now, like mp4? The ps3 blocked this which seriously pissed me off. So no limitations with this on x1? Im already sold on the system, more appealing exclusives, but wasnt aware of this feature.
#7Legend524Posted 8/23/2014 11:55:11 AM
....does this mean custom soundtracks in game? If so I'll get wwe 2k15 for the one
#8MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 11:56:49 AM
astutecollie posted...
So can you play just any video file now, like mp4? The ps3 blocked this which seriously pissed me off. So no limitations with this on x1? Im already sold on the system, more appealing exclusives, but wasnt aware of this feature.

Pretty sure Major Nelson posted the file types it'll be able to play. Lemme look for it...
---
#9MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 11:59:43 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
astutecollie posted...

Pretty sure Major Nelson posted the file types it'll be able to play. Lemme look for it...

here it is. The compatible file types: http://majornelson.com/2014/08/15/xbox-one-system-update-now-available-preview-members/

Xbox One compatible file types:

3gp audio
3gp video
3gp2
aac
adts
animated gif
asf
avi divx
avi dv
avi uncompressed
avi xvid
bmp
jpg
gif
h264 avchd
mjpeg
mkv
mov
mp3
mpeg 1 ps
mpeg 2
mpeg 2 hd
mpeg 2 ts
mpeg 4 h264 aac
mpeg 4 sp
png
tiff
wav
wma
wma lossless
wma pro
wma voice
wmv
wmv hd
---
#10MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 12:18:37 PM
This is making me consider joining the preview program.
---