The time is upon us! The update to rule them all!

#11Crystyn_7BPosted 8/23/2014 12:26:17 PM
My WD media player was pretty obsolete already because my TV is able to play MKV files but now even the XBO can...

Now if only they'd add miracast the XBO supposedly has the capability.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#12ghstbstrPosted 8/23/2014 1:27:08 PM
I remember a couple of months ago some site showing what the new dashboard would look like and it added some new areas on the main dashboard screen, but I have yet to see this update?
Has anyone else seen this, and when is that supposed to come out?
---
---
Aliens(1986)... Best movie quote ever...
Pvt. Hudson: That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over! What the f*** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?
#13jellybeanmasterPosted 8/23/2014 1:28:10 PM
The smartglass stuff is already available if you have a windows phone. About time the phone gets something cool to call its own
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#14Madgamer4everPosted 8/23/2014 2:53:44 PM
Still no hbo go... cool
---
2000 karma yo
#15PizzatarianPosted 8/23/2014 3:19:45 PM(edited)
astutecollie posted...
So can you play just any video file now, like mp4? The ps3 blocked this which seriously pissed me off. So no limitations with this on x1? Im already sold on the system, more appealing exclusives, but wasnt aware of this feature.

Currently, this feature is only available to preview members. All you have to do is format an external drive into NTFS, FAT, or FAT32, load it with your media files, and then attached it to your Xbox One. With this in mind, DLNA and MKV are not supported at this time.

In fact, SpikiestWarf07 (official staff member) stated in the preview forum that, "We currently support fat, fat32, and ntfs formatting. Major Nelson released a full file format list here, though some formats haven't been added and will be added over the next few months."

In addition, this feature is also still in beta, which means there are some bugs that need to be worked. For example, sometimes the app will just crash to the homescreen after selecting a media file.

ghstbstr posted...
I remember a couple of months ago some site showing what the new dashboard would look like and it added some new areas on the main dashboard screen, but I have yet to see this update?
Has anyone else seen this, and when is that supposed to come out?
---

I think you are referring to the new friends tab, which is currently only available to some preview members. And they have not stated when everyone in the preview will get this feature, let alone everyone else.

"Expanded Friends area on Home (Not enabled yet, will be limited to a subset of Preview). Right from Home, see what’s going on with your friends. Stay up-to-date with their current activity, the top trending games your friends are playing, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore."

Here is a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=38Ub_W_VXNM#t=174
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3