So the new cod bundle comes with a digital version?

#1sephiroth0000Posted 8/23/2014 1:53:12 PM
Is that correct? On one site I read that the bundle comes "packaged with the game", while another site said "comes with digital download code" .

So the former may technically be true even if it's a code, but a little misleading all the same.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 1722-1182-0691
XBL GT - Angry Tough Guy
#2Chrome76Posted 8/23/2014 1:59:49 PM
It is a digital code for it at least in the US.
#3astutecolliePosted 8/23/2014 2:21:34 PM
Yeah thats how its done for most bundles these days. The industry is really trying to do away with retail games entirely, like the music industry did. It may take a couple more gens but it will get there eventually.
#4staticxtreme5Posted 8/23/2014 2:56:34 PM
astutecollie posted...
Yeah thats how its done for most bundles these days. The industry is really trying to do away with retail games entirely, like the music industry did. It may take a couple more gens but it will get there eventually.

It's cost savings, not "trying to do away with retail games". It costs less to print a flyer with a redeem code than it does to make a disc and case. Plain and simple.
#5SnickleseedPosted 8/23/2014 2:58:30 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
It's cost savings, not "trying to do away with retail games". It costs less to print a flyer with a redeem code than it does to make a disc and case. Plain and simple.

Not only cost savings, but it's also their way of fighting the used game industry and having more control over how people use their content
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#6SampsonMPosted 8/23/2014 3:00:50 PM
Snickleseed posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...

Not only cost savings, but it's also their way of fighting the used game industry and having more control over how people use their content

Control? Not really, but yeah, eliminates the possibility of second-hand sales.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#7metroidman92Posted 8/23/2014 3:43:57 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
astutecollie posted...

I don't think it's that cut-and-dry. The server and bandwidth costs come into play.
---
"Don't quote me boy, cause I ain't said s***." -Easy-E
#8sephiroth0000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 1:53:10 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
astutecollie posted...

Well if that's the case, the digital copy shouldn't be the same price as a retail copy, since there is no cost for a case, disc, shipping, etcetera.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 1722-1182-0691
XBL GT - Angry Tough Guy
#9TheMuffinPosted 8/25/2014 2:00:01 PM
sephiroth0000 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
astutecollie posted...

Well if that's the case, the digital copy shouldn't be the same price as a retail copy, since there is no cost for a case, disc, shipping, etcetera.

Hence the reason why many can't get behind it on consoles. Unlike Steam, there aren't constant sales or deep discounts.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#10hk7111Posted 8/25/2014 2:36:00 PM
TheMuffin posted...
sephiroth0000 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
astutecollie posted...

Hence the reason why many can't get behind it on consoles. Unlike Steam, there aren't constant sales or deep discounts.

Blame retail stores for that one. If MS or Sony try to lower the price of Digital, Retail stores get all Mad because of it.
---
Desktop: i7-4790k, 16gb Ddr3, R9 280x, Some random HDD's, 840 Evo 250Gb
Laptop: Razerblade 14: i7-4702HQ, 8GB Ddr3, Gtx 765M, 256GB Msata SSD