Why is there nothing but Troll topics when it comes to Diablo III?

#11DeschainRedPosted 8/23/2014 9:03:01 PM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
No one here played Diablo II vanilla or Diablo II LoD, that's why. I think it's truly remarkable how much they have streamlined Diablo III.

Indeed, thought it was just me and nostalgia. I did enjoy diablo 3 but it wasn't as good as diablo 2 imho.
#12Draconian-WhitePosted 8/23/2014 8:57:45 PM
Jedi454 posted...
No one here played Diablo II vanilla or Diablo II LoD, that's why

I did. Also, I played the original Diablo and Diablo: Hellfire -- which revolutioned and evolved ARPG's to the apex that we now enjoy today. To me personally, Diablo III feels more like a spiritual successor to the original Diablo, which from where I'm standing, is wonderful thing.

Diablo II and Lord of Destruction were great, too. I'm a big fan of the series and always will be. For some reason, Diablo and Hellfire will always hold a special nostalgic aura for me. For it's day and time, that was a magical journey that would lay the foundation for many other games of the genre (Titan Quest, etc); considering it came out in 1996.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#13Draconian-WhitePosted 8/23/2014 9:12:17 PM
Forgot to add, Diablo III vanilla and the Ultimate Evil Edition (with patch 2.0.5) play almost like two completely different games. I played D3 at release on PC for two years, and the amount of mind numbing decisions associated with the game in that state was very frustrating at times (namely the RMAH, drop rates, difficulty, and bugs).

Blizzard completely overhauled the experience from the foundation up, and made numerous additions for the betterment of anyone remotely interested in the game. Getting rid of Jay Wilson, giving Wyatt Cheng more creative control, and basically going back to the drawing board were three integral aspects that led to a revitalized game postmortem.

It's a night and day difference, at least to anyone that has played from release and onward to today.
---
#14Crystyn_7BPosted 8/23/2014 9:34:09 PM
Draconian-White posted...
Forgot to add, Diablo III vanilla and the Ultimate Evil Edition (with patch 2.0.5) play almost like two completely different games. I played D3 at release on PC for two years, and the amount of mind numbing decisions associated with the game in that state was very frustrating at times (namely the RMAH, drop rates, difficulty, and bugs).

Blizzard completely overhauled the experience from the foundation up, and made numerous additions for the betterment of anyone remotely interested in the game. Getting rid of Jay Wilson, giving Wyatt Cheng more creative control, and basically going back to the drawing board were three integral aspects that led to a revitalized game postmortem.

It's a night and day difference, at least to anyone that has played from release and onward to today.

That is until you realize it's all superficial and the underlying flaws are still there,
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#15CammyApplePosted 8/23/2014 9:35:52 PM
I liked D3 on 360. I like D3 and RoS on PC. I like D3 UEE on XB1.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#16Jedi454Posted 8/23/2014 9:44:30 PM

They didn't fix everything and they made some things even worse with RoS from what I can tell. They've made the game so easy, that my 5 year old self could probably pick it up and understand the mechanics of the game.
#17lunaticcorePosted 8/23/2014 10:24:28 PM
I only payed Diablo 3 for a few hours on the 360 (rented) and thought it could really use some better hardware and hoped and waited for this version.

I love the game on my XB1.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#18MurryEB_Alt1Posted 8/23/2014 10:30:45 PM
Jedi454 posted...

They didn't fix everything and they made some things even worse with RoS from what I can tell. They've made the game so easy, that my 5 year old self could probably pick it up and understand the mechanics of the game.

And making a game easier to understand is bad why?
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#19Draconian-WhitePosted 8/24/2014 2:52:55 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
That is until you realize it's all superficial and the underlying flaws are still there,

Such as?
---
#20Draconian-WhitePosted 8/24/2014 2:56:17 AM
Jedi454 posted...
They didn't fix everything and they made some things even worse with RoS from what I can tell. They've made the game so easy, that my 5 year old self could probably pick it up and understand the mechanics of the game

What didn't they fix that so drastically requires attention? I'm all ears, and would be curious to know. I'd wager your 5 year old might be able to pick up and play it, but would most likely smash your controllers against the wall if playing on Torment levels.
---