Why is there nothing but Troll topics when it comes to Diablo III?

#21Old_man_derpPosted 8/24/2014 2:25:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 3:26:33 AM
Draconian-White posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
That is until you realize it's all superficial and the underlying flaws are still there,

Such as?

Itemization for the most part, class balance, endgame, massive lag on their ends killing HC characters,...

2.1 might fix some of the issues but itemization is just a joke. There are exactly 3 rings you want, royal grandeur, unity and the elemental one.
The new trifecta is CDR, CC and CHD plus skill and elemental damage where possible.
LoH, LPS, LPRS all crap (pre 2.1), All Resistance is impossible to roll if the item has a 2ndary with a single resistance, primary stat isn't guaranteed, sockets are absolutely essential on weapons w/o a socket a weapon is automatically useless, same with 3 socket chestpiece, 2hed weapons useless for all but Crusader (w/ exceptions pre 2.1.), weighted stat rolling at the Mystic w/ unceiled increasin prices,...

All in all too many modifiers for far too few viable ones.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#23Sinist3r_BladePosted 8/24/2014 5:31:08 AM(edited)
known2FAIL posted...
I mean... Every single person that post about Diablo are UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY with the product. That has to be false. I'm sure people that didn't play Diablo III on the last generation are having a blast but not people that played the hell out of it before. The game was out not even a year ago... Now it came out again... With pretty much a little DLC added and upgraded graphics. People are actually happy to PAY $60 AGAIN FOR A GAME LESS THAN A YEAR OLD WITH UPDATES! I DONT BELIEVE IT! It has to be trolling. As much as people in the gaming community kill companies for constantly not innovating and/or obvious money grabs.. You are going to tell me people that HAVENT played the game are OK with pay $60 again for THIS?! I'm not buying it!! Has to be troll topics!

I played the hell out of D2 and LoD and enjoy D3 & RoS just the same. I like the additions they did w/ RoS. It's Diablo and the constant quest for finding the next best piece of gear and fighting mobs of enemies. What is NOT to like about that?

Jedi454 posted...
No one here played Diablo II vanilla or Diablo II LoD, that's why. I think it's truly remarkable how much they have streamlined Diablo III.

Speak for yourself. I sunk countless hours into Diablo, D2 and LoD. Now if we could only get Torchlight 2 to show up on consoles.
#24nableetPosted 8/24/2014 5:37:40 AM
I played it on 360, got bored of grinding the story and replaying the same chapter over and over. The hacked items online also sucked and none of my friends played it.

Now there are bounties, adventure mode and two of my friends play. So I picked it up on a whim and am loving it, even though I started again and haven't finished the story yet to get to the "new" stuff :-S
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#25RockguyKevPosted 8/24/2014 5:53:50 AM
It isn't Diablo 2, but nothing is. Diablo 2 is arguably among the best games ever made. If I only played games better than the top 20 ever made I sure wouldn't be playing many games.

It's like asking why people ever watch comedy movies when Wayne's World was already made in 1992 and is absolutely perfect.
#26Draconian-WhitePosted 8/24/2014 11:49:32 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Itemization for the most part, class balance, endgame, massive lag on their ends killing HC characters,...

2.1 might fix some of the issues but itemization is just a joke. There are exactly 3 rings you want, royal grandeur, unity and the elemental one.
The new trifecta is CDR, CC and CHD plus skill and elemental damage where possible.
LoH, LPS, LPRS all crap (pre 2.1), All Resistance is impossible to roll if the item has a 2ndary with a single resistance, primary stat isn't guaranteed, sockets are absolutely essential on weapons w/o a socket a weapon is automatically useless, same with 3 socket chestpiece, 2hed weapons useless for all but Crusader (w/ exceptions pre 2.1.), weighted stat rolling at the Mystic w/ unceiled increasin prices,...

Itemization is light years ahead of where the game was at release. Yes, the royal grandeur ring is an amazing ring, but there is viable options to unity and the elemental one. This all depends on the build your shooting for and how one will design their character - this isn't one size fits every class and character build (except for the ring of royal grandeur, I will grant you that, as any class could benefit from it).

Some of the other ones that work quite well are rogar's huge stone, the tall man's finger (for witch doctors), wyrdward, bul-kathos's wedding band (my wizard currently uses one with amazing rolls), stone of jordan (for easier elite killing and another my wizard uses), and some others.

My Wizard is over million sheet DPS, with a lot of hidden damage in fire skill percentage damage and buffed damage against elites. I'm not using any of the three rings you mentioned, and rolling through Torment III to Torment VI, both solo and with groups.

There's options now to build a character spec and class in different ways. Vanilla D3 was much, much more walled off in regards to builds. It's a drastic difference to anyone that has played both extensively.

I don't have a socketed Chantodo's Will, but could reroll for one if desired. I have not, because the RNG Gods were kind on the important affixes. Same with an Atrophy and Wand of Woh. It's not all about strictly sheet damage anymore, that was vanilla D3. Skill damage, life per second, and increased damage vs. elite/take decreased damage from elites are huge now. Not sure how you could possibly overlook that, or turn a blind eye to it.

The Mystic must have weighted stat rolls on itemization, otherwise it would be too easy to break the game (with end game in mind). RNG will always be RNG, that's not ever going to change.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#27bgwilly255Posted 8/24/2014 11:54:36 AM
I played the hell out of it last gen. I play the hell out of it current gen too. So you are wrong.. Again.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#28Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 12:36:16 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...

Itemization is light years ahead of where the game was at release. Yes, the royal grandeur ring is an amazing ring, but there is viable options to unity and the elemental one. This all depends on the build your shooting for and how one will design their character - this isn't one size fits every class and character build (except for the ring of royal grandeur, I will grant you that, as any class could benefit from it).

Some of the other ones that work quite well are rogar's huge stone, the tall man's finger (for witch doctors), wyrdward, bul-kathos's wedding band (my wizard currently uses one with amazing rolls), stone of jordan (for easier elite killing and another my wizard uses), and some others.

My Wizard is over million sheet DPS, with a lot of hidden damage in fire skill percentage damage and buffed damage against elites. I'm not using any of the three rings you mentioned, and rolling through Torment III to Torment VI, both solo and with groups.

There's options now to build a character spec and class in different ways. Vanilla D3 was much, much more walled off in regards to builds. It's a drastic difference to anyone that has played both extensively.

I don't have a socketed Chantodo's Will, but could reroll for one if desired. I have not, because the RNG Gods were kind on the important affixes. Same with an Atrophy and Wand of Woh. It's not all about strictly sheet damage anymore, that was vanilla D3. Skill damage, life per second, and increased damage vs. elite/take decreased damage from elites are huge now. Not sure how you could possibly overlook that, or turn a blind eye to it.

The Mystic must have weighted stat rolls on itemization, otherwise it would be too easy to break the game (with end game in mind). RNG will always be RNG, that's not ever going to change.

Stone of Jordan is the elemental one. Wasn't wyrdward only useful because there was a bug?

Less and more elite damage is mostly covered through the 2/3 piece set (with RoG) and SoJ, it's not really an affix that rolls everywhere.
Elemental damage is still heavily favoured to fire with more slots available and better items (Magefist, that chestpiece with RCR as a secondary).

I used the Rogar's stone myself on my Sader but until 2.1 hits LPS pales compared to health orbs and yes it isn't all about sheet damage it's all about eDPS, you can actually look it up on some website.

The mystic is just ridiculous, everyone who played AH simulator got all the cash he needs while those that are just unlucky get starved by her. I didn't even bother rerolling Quiver's because there's like 20 different stats w/o even considering the weighting factoring in. All of that would be stomachable if there were a reasonable cap on the mystics pricing. Too often I could not use an item because even after 20 million put in I didn't get the desired stat on the first time in days an item would pose an upgrade.
---
#29Draconian-WhitePosted 8/24/2014 1:08:37 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Stone of Jordan is the elemental one. Wasn't wyrdward only useful because there was a bug?

Less and more elite damage is mostly covered through the 2/3 piece set (with RoG) and SoJ, it's not really an affix that rolls everywhere.
Elemental damage is still heavily favoured to fire with more slots available and better items (Magefist, that chestpiece with RCR as a secondary).

I used the Rogar's stone myself on my Sader but until 2.1 hits LPS pales compared to health orbs and yes it isn't all about sheet damage it's all about eDPS, you can actually look it up on some website.

The mystic is just ridiculous, everyone who played AH simulator got all the cash he needs while those that are just unlucky get starved by her. I didn't even bother rerolling Quiver's because there's like 20 different stats w/o even considering the weighting factoring in. All of that would be stomachable if there were a reasonable cap on the mystics pricing. Too often I could not use an item because even after 20 million put in I didn't get the desired stat on the first time in days an item would pose an upgrade.

No, Stone of Jordan isn't the elemental one. It's used for exactly what I said, bonus damage to elites (with good rolls, is a godsend). I know what eDPS is, but you're still overlooking LPS -- globes are no help if you're unable to reach them or otherwise hindered in a jumbled pack of bad elites. There's also the bottomless potion of regeneration which can be equipped, and is very handy to have if you're lucky enough to find one (I did).

Wyrdward is beneficial with or without the bug, it all depends on your build and surrounding gear. Also, I've come across a lot of gear with cold, lightning, and arcane. It's there if you want to build around a certain element, it just depends on the RNG and your spec.

You're going to be hit at some point, and if you're walled in (unless you have illusory boots) then LPS can be the difference between a quick dirtnap or surviving to finish off that last creep. Guess it's a matter of perspective and gear, but LPS can be quite helpful.

In regards to the Mystic, I have a metric ton of gold on both console and PC...so the pricing structure has not affected me. I can see how with limited funds that could be a problem for some (especially newer players), but just like anything else in the game it's something that people have to work toward -- I mean, this game is a treadmill grind, most people know what they're signing up for. That's the nature of the beast, and you won't find instant gratification upon entry.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#30Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 2:10:12 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...

No, Stone of Jordan isn't the elemental one. It's used for exactly what I said, bonus damage to elites (with good rolls, is a godsend). I know what eDPS is, but you're still overlooking LPS -- globes are no help if you're unable to reach them or otherwise hindered in a jumbled pack of bad elites. There's also the bottomless potion of regeneration which can be equipped, and is very handy to have if you're lucky enough to find one (I did).

Wyrdward is beneficial with or without the bug, it all depends on your build and surrounding gear. Also, I've come across a lot of gear with cold, lightning, and arcane. It's there if you want to build around a certain element, it just depends on the RNG and your spec.

You're going to be hit at some point, and if you're walled in (unless you have illusory boots) then LPS can be the difference between a quick dirtnap or surviving to finish off that last creep. Guess it's a matter of perspective and gear, but LPS can be quite helpful.

In regards to the Mystic, I have a metric ton of gold on both console and PC...so the pricing structure has not affected me. I can see how with limited funds that could be a problem for some (especially newer players), but just like anything else in the game it's something that people have to work toward -- I mean, this game is a treadmill grind, most people know what they're signing up for. That's the nature of the beast, and you won't find instant gratification upon entry.

Stone of Jordan is the elemental one, it always rolls elite and elemental damage and is the only ring with that affix.

That's why you always slot a movement skill. If you kill faster you receive less damage, if you live longer you deal less damage. If you play in a party there are always myriads of health globes scattered around.

The gear is there, I never said it wasn't, but fire is simply the most favoured. It has 6 slots fire damage can roll on (excluding weapons) where cold only has 5 everything else 4 or something if I remember correctly and as said magefist is massively better than it's cold counterpart which rolls with 1 less primary and a fixed bad one.

The game isn't a treadmill it's a one armed bandit, either you get lucky or you'll never be able to play your desired build.
---