Microsoft Won't Have a TGS Conference This Year, But Phil Spencer will be there

#11Orange_ApplesPosted 8/23/2014 7:08:44 PM
That makes no sense. Doesn't the Japanese release of the Xbox One happen like a few weeks before TGS? That would be the time when you want to get devs and gamers interested.
---
Nintendo has some awesome games and a bunch of top notch third party exclusives. Too bad Nintendo doesn't have cool games or third party support.
-The Internet
#12Laylow12Posted 8/23/2014 7:08:56 PM
I knew they were closing XBOX divisions and laying off 6,000 XBOX employees specifically apart from the Nokia layoffs but skipping main gaming conventions is really paring back operations to a stunning level. Stay tuned fans, we're in for a wild ride.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#13eastofeastsidePosted 8/23/2014 7:09:50 PM
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Phil's there to drop another exclusive bomb. Sony cool boys are already p*ssing down their legs after Tomb Raider.

DROP DAT BOMB PHILLY!

Oh, you mean The Division?

Yeah, Sony fans will be mad.

I'm sure a VP of $300 billion company flies across the pacific just to take notes on the competition and announce a couple of token visual novels.
#14OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/23/2014 7:11:21 PM
Maybe he's going to try and sell that Fez thing there? o.o I heard he's quitting the gaming business after he got hacked.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#15Crystyn_7BPosted 8/23/2014 7:11:36 PM
Let's see if Sony can convince their home turf to buy PS4s the sales in Japan are horribad atm.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#16darkness1018Posted 8/23/2014 7:19:21 PM
eastofeastside posted...
SubSeenix posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Phil's there to drop another exclusive bomb. Sony cool boys are already p*ssing down their legs after Tomb Raider.

DROP DAT BOMB PHILLY!

Yeah they are afraid from a last place console which will stay always many many millions behind them :D
Im pretty sure CD is more afraid after Tomb Raider won't sell anything and they all will lose their jobs ;)

Its good Microsoft isn't doing a show
Means they can't announce stuff they bought away from Sony again.
This is the stage for Sony to announce dozens of J-RPGs and especially Persona5 for the PS4!
Go Sony!

Don't forget how Sony is failing in its own home market and Phil will be rubbing that in with a key exclusive for the Japanese market, whose gamers aren't dudebros or fanboys obsessed with kiddy console wars and have not, and never will, buy into the PS4 marketing Kool-Aid.

Did you see how the 360 did in Japan? They had exclusive JRPGs & everything, didn't help them 1 bit. I don't think Sony has anything to worry about when it comes to JP.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1
#17-3703Posted 8/23/2014 7:19:59 PM
Laylow12 posted...
I knew they were closing XBOX divisions and laying off 6,000 XBOX employees specifically apart from the Nokia layoffs but skipping main gaming conventions is really paring back operations to a stunning level. Stay tuned fans, we're in for a wild ride.

Hardly.

People on forums like this don't realise what a tiny, non-representative proportion they are of the gaming market, and how few people actually ever get wind of anything from these shows.

What actually matters to the bulk of paying customers is what's visible and playable wherever they go to make purchases, what's being buzzed about by their peers, and what is being advertised.

One-time "expos" and obscure keynotes are there to communicate with investors, game development talent and other industry members. It matters to -you- because you're part of a minority that trawls for this stuff. A really, really small minority, far smaller than you would ever think.
#18aheroafakePosted 8/23/2014 7:22:21 PM
Is this a good or bad thing? I honestly am not sure.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#19EnclavePosted 8/23/2014 7:23:31 PM
-3703 posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Hardly.

People on forums like this don't realise what a tiny, non-representative proportion they are of the gaming market, and how few people actually ever get wind of anything from these shows.

What actually matters to the bulk of paying customers is what's visible and playable wherever they go to make purchases, what's being buzzed about by their peers, and what is being advertised.

One-time "expos" and obscure keynotes are there to communicate with investors, game development talent and other industry members. It matters to -you- because you're part of a minority that trawls for this stuff. A really, really small minority, far smaller than you would ever think.

I'm sure Microsoft agrees with you after last years E3.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#20eastofeastsidePosted 8/23/2014 7:24:08 PM
darkness1018 posted...
eastofeastside posted...
SubSeenix posted...
eastofeastside posted...

DROP DAT BOMB PHILLY!

Yeah they are afraid from a last place console which will stay always many many millions behind them :D
Im pretty sure CD is more afraid after Tomb Raider won't sell anything and they all will lose their jobs ;)

Its good Microsoft isn't doing a show
Means they can't announce stuff they bought away from Sony again.
This is the stage for Sony to announce dozens of J-RPGs and especially Persona5 for the PS4!
Go Sony!

Don't forget how Sony is failing in its own home market and Phil will be rubbing that in with a key exclusive for the Japanese market, whose gamers aren't dudebros or fanboys obsessed with kiddy console wars and have not, and never will, buy into the PS4 marketing Kool-Aid.

Did you see how the 360 did in Japan? They had exclusive JRPGs & everything, didn't help them 1 bit. I don't think Sony has anything to worry about when it comes to JP.

Japan is a worry for Sony, not in terms of X1 sales, but in how their home market failure invalidates them. It's not entirely Sony's fault, as Japan is mobile-land now and Nintendo can't do anything about it either.