Microsoft Won't Have a TGS Conference This Year, But Phil Spencer will be there

#21OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/23/2014 6:30:12 PM
eastofeastside posted...

Japan is a worry for Sony, not in terms of X1 sales, but in how their home market failure invalidates them. It's not entirely Sony's fault, as Japan is mobile-land now and Nintendo can't do anything about it either.

Does the fact that Sony, a Japanese company, is selling more PS4s than MS is selling xbones in America "invalidate" Microsoft as well then?

The difference is that once the xbone launches in Japan it'll be flopping on the home front and the foreign one. :u
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#22Crystyn_7BPosted 8/23/2014 6:31:05 PM
darkness1018 posted...

Did you see how the 360 did in Japan? They had exclusive JRPGs & everything, didn't help them 1 bit. I don't think Sony has anything to worry about when it comes to JP.

The 360 did horribly in Japan but so is the PS4 currently, it's selling less than Wii U, 3DS and PS3, at least according to gaf. Sony really gotta turn it up a notch over there.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#23That_Damn_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 7:57:27 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
darkness1018 posted...

Did you see how the 360 did in Japan? They had exclusive JRPGs & everything, didn't help them 1 bit. I don't think Sony has anything to worry about when it comes to JP.

The 360 did horribly in Japan but so is the PS4 currently, it's selling less than Wii U, 3DS and PS3, at least according to gaf. Sony really gotta turn it up a notch over there.

they'll probably announce another big exclusive.... or maybe some Kingdom Hearts 3 news :D
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID - PSN: Lamburghini89 - NNID: Its_Pikachu
#24oldhbk76Posted 8/23/2014 9:37:58 PM
Xbox already has timed Exclusive on the Division for all DLC
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#25Ada-Wong-FanPosted 8/24/2014 12:13:34 PM(edited)
eastofeastside posted...
SubSeenix posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Phil's there to drop another exclusive bomb. Sony cool boys are already p*ssing down their legs after Tomb Raider.

DROP DAT BOMB PHILLY!

Yeah they are afraid from a last place console which will stay always many many millions behind them :D
Im pretty sure CD is more afraid after Tomb Raider won't sell anything and they all will lose their jobs ;)

Its good Microsoft isn't doing a show
Means they can't announce stuff they bought away from Sony again.
This is the stage for Sony to announce dozens of J-RPGs and especially Persona5 for the PS4!
Go Sony!

Don't forget how Sony is failing in its own home market and Phil will be rubbing that in with a key exclusive for the Japanese market, whose gamers aren't dudebros or fanboys obsessed with kiddy console wars and have not, and never will, buy into the PS4 marketing Kool-Aid.

4 Dream Sony Announcements
1) Fallout 4 is Timed Exclusive for PS4 Windows coming December 2015 While Xbox Fans need Wait Until 6 Months.
2) Half Life 3 is Timed Exclusive for PS4 Windows coming September 2015 While Xbox Fans need Wait Until 6 Months.
3) Left 4 Dead 3 is Timed Exclusive for PS4 Windows coming December 2015 While Xbox Fans need Wait Until 6 Months.
4) Dead Rising 3 is Released for PS4 coming Novemeber 2015.
---
My Prediction Release Dates of Final Fantasy XV (Japan Release Date: Christmas 2014) / (International Release Date: January 16 2015)
#26MrImpatient35Posted 8/24/2014 12:55:41 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Let's see if Sony can convince their home turf to buy PS4s the sales in Japan are horribad atm.

Yeah, I'm curious to see if they can turn it around.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#27SoulTrapperPosted 8/24/2014 1:27:09 PM
It's rather strange to see Microsoft not doing a keynote there when the console is launching next month.
I'd expected them to use the chance at extra publicity.

They probably have their reasons for it, though.