I personally feel this generational jump was not big enough.

#1Garfield64Posted 8/23/2014 5:09:21 PM(edited)
I am aware the jump from ps3 to ps4 was a little bit bigger. But it was still not big enough IMO.

But the jump from 360 to XB1 was much smaller then it should be.

http://minus.com/lBKehHpgg8Yym

Does it not bother anyone else their one feels more like a controller/camera/OS upgrade, instead of a console upgrade?

My PC is 4.5 years old and I only paid $400 back then to build it. Games on it look waaaaaaaaaay better then every console (though I use hacked drivers and special lighting/realism mods). I just feel very disapointed by consoles this generation, especially so for my One.

Before you idjits call me a troll, I only own XB1 and WiiU. Been waiting for white Destiny PS4. (own vita and 3ds as well)
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#2PoloMan6Posted 8/23/2014 5:26:20 PM
Excellent.
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 8/23/2014 5:28:29 PM
I've been saying this from the start. Most underwhelming generational leap ever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#4ORANGE666Posted 8/23/2014 6:16:12 PM
MGSV is a cross gen title. If you want to compare graphics, use games that aren't cut down so they can run on PS3 and X360. Witcher 3 blows away anything lastgen
---
I am a Nintendo Fanboy and let me tell you, being a Drone is actually a great thing.
We have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like other fanboys
#5Tajaz2426Posted 8/23/2014 6:29:00 PM
I think all three consoles were a big jump from their last gen counterparts. The PS4 is doing excellent and hasn't been pushed fully for a pure gaming console. It will be pushed further and further as the generation goes along and games will continue to look better and better especially by first party developers. We haven't seen how far the graphics are going to go, but as developers figure it out, just like last gen with these consoles, we are in for amazing looking games.

The X1 is doing in my opinion exceptionally well, considering Microsoft didn't make it strong according to them, they wanted an even console for multimedia purposes and gaming purposes. It hasn't been pushed fully yet as developers are still figuring out the bottleneck and the work around a for esram. It was held back a tad by the Kinect, now that the support is going completely away as developers are going to choose to use the extra power for better resolution and FPS. You are losing the voice commands for games and the head motion tracking which I think is pretty cool. On the PS4, I like telling TR girl to change weapons and pause and go to the map, using only my mic. I think they will still have microphone support, just not using the Kinect itself. I hope that the support for games doesn't go away completely, because my son loves talking to his X1, while playing games.

The WiiU graphics are a huge step up from the Wii, as games are now in HD to full HD. I was playing Mario Kart with my wife and daughter and the game looks excellent and plays smooth as butter. The WiiU, is the biggest upgrade I think in terms of graphics and gameplay and it will only get better with the games slated for the future. Although there are not many games, the games that run Nintendo, will Mario games, the new Zelda, some Donkey Kong, these games are the essence of Nintendo and boy the games look amazing.

Even though I think these games look truly amazing, as long as these games have great story lines, I could a rats butt about graphics or gameplay. Just give me a story as good as a Stephen King book or Rendezvous with Rama and I'll be happy to turn the page and hit the next button.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#6Donuts_R_GoodPosted 8/23/2014 6:35:01 PM
The "problem" is that last gen consoles already were able to put out incredible looking games.

Games were already gorgeous and in all honesty there's not much more they can do to make them even more gorgeous. We'll never see a graphical jump like PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360, obviously because the initial jump to high definition can only happen once.
---
HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY!
#7Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/23/2014 6:36:55 PM
Donuts_R_Good posted...
The "problem" is that last gen consoles already were able to put out incredible looking games.

Games were already gorgeous and in all honesty there's not much more they can do to make them even more gorgeous. We'll never see a graphical jump like PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360, obviously because the initial jump to high definition can only happen once.

I have a feeling in about five years you'll be eating those words.
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#8CooLJaY2kay4Posted 8/23/2014 6:49:44 PM
The end of this gen will have a bigger shine than the end of last gen did compared to its beginning.

And once we get to 4k resolution standard and next gen after this, the leap will be larger than any before it in my opinion.

I do understand your point about the leap from end of last gen to start of this gen. But for now, this gen has lots of optimization to accomplish and I think this gen will outdo last gen as far as "improvement from beginning to end" of gen goes.
---
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own." - Solid Snake
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 8/23/2014 6:57:25 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
MGSV is a cross gen title. If you want to compare graphics, use games that aren't cut down so they can run on PS3 and X360. Witcher 3 blows away anything lastgen

No it really doesn't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#10IceHuskyPosted 8/23/2014 6:57:52 PM
Ok, cool. Thanks TC for your observation. I am still enjoying my Xbox One though. :)
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004