I personally feel this generational jump was not big enough.

#11Jiggy101011Posted 8/23/2014 6:58:48 PM(edited)
Neither console has been out for a year so neither console has been close to being pushed to its limits. I still think the jump from launch games on the 360 to titles that were released towards the end are a huge leap. Compare a game like Halo 3 to say Halo 4 and it's astounding that they are both from the same generation. Same thing on the PS3, look at the first Uncharted game and compare it to The Last of Us, the difference in graphics is crazy and they are all from the same console.

I can't wait to see what these machines will be capable of in a few years.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
#12liquidblue4Posted 8/23/2014 7:00:39 PM
That GIF is a compressed piece of crap taken from a youtube video. I've played both versions of GZ and while the game itself isn't great either way, they X1 version looks significantly better than the 360 version.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#13uniquebadgerPosted 8/23/2014 7:29:58 PM
From a hardware perspective the PS4 and Xbox One are very underwhelming in the jump from the previous gen. At this point i would have rather both consoles waited another year or two and given us better tech in them.
#14Donuts_R_GoodPosted 8/23/2014 7:41:59 PM(edited)
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Donuts_R_Good posted...
The "problem" is that last gen consoles already were able to put out incredible looking games.

Games were already gorgeous and in all honesty there's not much more they can do to make them even more gorgeous. We'll never see a graphical jump like PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360, obviously because the initial jump to high definition can only happen once.

I have a feeling in about five years you'll be eating those words.

I hope that your feeling is right. I'd love games to reach max levels of gorgeous.
---
HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY!
#15aheroafakePosted 8/23/2014 7:52:01 PM
The price of making the consoles (all the hardware/software/etc.) is why the Xbox One and PS4 is why the leap doesn't seem like a huge difference.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#16lunchbox2042Posted 8/24/2014 7:39:02 AM
The jump from ps3 to ps4 only felt bigger because of the complexity of the ps3 causing developers to not optimize it.
#17astutecolliePosted 8/24/2014 7:41:49 AM
How many gens will it take for people to know this happens every single gen? Remember when the early ps3 and 360 games looked like previous gen. It takes 1-2 years to get it really going.
#18spacejamjordanzPosted 8/24/2014 7:44:48 AM
aheroafake posted...
The price of making the consoles (all the hardware/software/etc.) is why the Xbox One and PS4 is why the leap doesn't seem like a huge difference.

Of course. Higher specs would cost them and us more money. Neither Sony or Microsoft were willing to take a substantial hit on hardware out the gate this time around. They also needed to sell at prices that consumers are actually willing to pay.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#19spacejamjordanzPosted 8/24/2014 7:47:23 AM
uniquebadger posted...
From a hardware perspective the PS4 and Xbox One are very underwhelming in the jump from the previous gen. At this point i would have rather both consoles waited another year or two and given us better tech in them.

This new gen is technically two years late already IMO. 7th gen laster much longer that it was supposed to.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#20InfinityOver0Posted 8/24/2014 7:48:38 AM
law of diminishing return. the gap in next next gen will be even smaller. get used to it
---
For the Zerg!
natural doctrine 9/23 !