I personally feel this generational jump was not big enough.

#21SamStone22Posted 8/25/2014 7:48:22 PM
We already know why this generation wasn't a big leap. Sony and MS got tired of taking such heavy losses on their hardware so now they've set it up so that they can basically break even with this underpowered hardware.
---
I make a topic in Final Fantasy 12 to ask if Tifa! They said no Tifa. Hardness gone!-gandob
#22NSGraphitePosted 8/25/2014 7:55:09 PM
The law of diminishing returns.

Its going to require exponentially more processing power now to make highly visible improvements tographics.

The jump from the current generation to the nex is going to be even smaller and more subtle than this one was.
---
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.
#23DepreceV2Posted 8/25/2014 7:57:42 PM
Donuts_R_Good posted...
The "problem" is that last gen consoles already were able to put out incredible looking games.

Games were already gorgeous and in all honesty there's not much more they can do to make them even more gorgeous. We'll never see a graphical jump like PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360, obviously because the initial jump to high definition can only happen once.

4K?
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#24TBONE_OGPosted 8/25/2014 8:01:21 PM
MMMmm.... troll topic.
---
Always O.G.
#25teh1337gosuPosted 8/25/2014 8:11:19 PM
DepreceV2 posted...
Donuts_R_Good posted...
The "problem" is that last gen consoles already were able to put out incredible looking games.

Games were already gorgeous and in all honesty there's not much more they can do to make them even more gorgeous. We'll never see a graphical jump like PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360, obviously because the initial jump to high definition can only happen once.

4K?

4K is pretty amazing, but 480p to 1080p was far, far, far more impressive.
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#26gamefaqwatcherPosted 8/25/2014 8:27:05 PM
Wow that warning sign. Anyone remember playing old 3d games with signs which were just a blur of blocks?
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#27garcia_jxPosted 8/25/2014 8:47:29 PM
Blame the fact that the Xbox 360 and ps3 lasted three years too long. Sure, the Xbox One and ps4 are miles ahead of their predecessors; however, only because they were out for so long. Xbox 360 and ps3 were more powerful than Xbox One and ps4 at the time of initial release. That's the fact.
#28tadmfpolePosted 8/25/2014 9:21:41 PM
I recommend you try Battlefield 4 on 360 and then play it on Xbox One.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#29zombodyPosted 8/25/2014 9:46:44 PM
I gotta disagree. Dead rising, a launch title, the amount of characters on screen, the graphics themselves, all the body parts and blood flying everywhere and not even a hint of slowdown. These machines are clearly more powerful to me.

I used to think the jump was unnecessary up until the point where I got to play the xbox one with my tv at my place instead of at future shop.

Now I can't go back
---
Timesplitters!
#30xacebopPosted 8/26/2014 12:26:12 AM
The technology is starting to even out. Technological leaps in the past 20 years werevalways doubling. From 8 bit to nintendo 64 it was always a huge leap. Now its not so much.personally PCs are where its at even optimized ps4 games can be played on a midrange CPU. Its just life. PS I'm drunk. Pps I have no idea what pps meams