I personally feel this generational jump was not big enough.

#31godplaysSNESPosted 8/25/2014 11:51:16 PM
People said exactly the same thing during the Xbox 360's first year.

Lots of folks thought that Gears of War 1 was the first true next-gen game back then.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#32Jedi454Posted 8/25/2014 11:52:00 PM
godplaysSNES posted...

Lots of folks thought that Gears of War 1 was the first true next-gen game back then.

Oblivion.
#33lunaticcorePosted 8/25/2014 11:55:47 PM
Jedi454 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Oblivion.

Looked amazing, ran like garbage.

For me Ghost Recon was the first wow next gen game moment on the 360, and it still looked great years later.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#34Jedi454Posted 8/25/2014 11:58:37 PM
lunaticcore posted...
Jedi454 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Oblivion.

Looked amazing, ran like garbage.

For me Ghost Recon was the first wow next gen game moment on the 360, and it still looked great years later.

It ran fine, much better than Skyrim.
#35whompa_fettPosted 8/26/2014 12:09:53 AM
ok let me just put it this way, go look at some early 360 titles, like Call of Duty 2, looks like S%#@ compared to anything that came out in the last 2 years, the console JUST came out, devs are still learning how to optimize the components and to use the system to its full potential, just wait a couple years, the graphics will improve greatly.

besides the graphics jump doesn't usually occur until they stop supporting the previous console, just be patient young padawan, and also i doubt a 5 year old $400 PC is capable of better performance than a xb1 or ps4. I could be wrong if you got some insane deals 4.5 years ago but... well ill just leave it at that.
#36MightyMunaPosted 8/26/2014 12:14:27 AM
I'm sorry, but inFAMOUS Second Son, DriveClub, The Order 1886, Witcher 3 and Quantum Break absolutely obliterates anything from last gen.

The perpetuated myth of diminishing returns is utter fallacy in the context of video games.
#37LanternOfAshPosted 8/26/2014 2:07:15 AM
Welcome to 15 months ago, TC.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#38Viper187666Posted 8/26/2014 3:20:57 AM
I've been saying this from the start. Where's the real innovation/advances? All it is is redesigned controllers and a slightly more powerful CPU/GPU. Now we not only have to wait for every game to install, but we also get slapped with ridiculously large updates. Updates jumping from 4MB to 4GB is NOT natural progression, no matter how you cut it. Optical media has run its course. This gen should've been on flash media. Instant loading, no installs. Even if the games were $10 or so more for a physical copy, they could've discounted the digital more to push people that way in the process. Yet, the only thing the console makers seemed to care about was a graphics upgrade and stupid camera tech. Both of which, they still failed miserably at.
---
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#39violentdissmayPosted 8/26/2014 3:22:37 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
MGSV is a cross gen title. If you want to compare graphics, use games that aren't cut down so they can run on PS3 and X360. Witcher 3 blows away anything lastgen

Seriously. I don't really like the Witcher series but this is an important part to realize. Games like Arkham Knight or Uncharted 4 or Halo 5 that are made specifically for the next consoles only should look far better
---
"Fry crack corn and I don't care, Leela crack corn and still don't care, Bender crack corn and he is great!! TAKE THAT YOU STUPID CORN!!!" - Bender
#40schmarkenheimerPosted 8/26/2014 3:41:07 AM
Donuts_R_Good posted...
The "problem" is that last gen consoles already were able to put out incredible looking games.

Games were already gorgeous and in all honesty there's not much more they can do to make them even more gorgeous. We'll never see a graphical jump like PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360, obviously because the initial jump to high definition can only happen once.

Last gen games were certainly not "gorgeous", even near the end. They weren't terrible, by no means but certainly not gorgeous. PS1 to PS2 was far greater imo. N64 and PS1 were also great leaps. The whole "3D!" hype was crazy.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12