I personally feel this generational jump was not big enough.

#41Hvv0l24n9Posted 8/26/2014 5:24:30 AM
Driveclub, The Order, Ryse, Quantum Break, Silent Hills, Final Fantasy XV.

I think they're all a pretty big jump, but I would be more impressed if the jumps were more like the UE4 demos.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#42TrueBlue91Posted 8/26/2014 5:25:20 AM
Lol at your sig, TC
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#43schmarkenheimerPosted 8/26/2014 5:29:57 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Driveclub, The Order, Ryse, Quantum Break, Silent Hills, Final Fantasy XV.

I think they're all a pretty big jump, but I would be more impressed if the jumps were more like the UE4 demos.

Tech demos aren't representative though, they're always high-end PC because..... it's a tech demo.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#44ascendedcobraPosted 8/26/2014 9:29:17 AM
No your wrong. The jump is big as both consoles are 8-10 times as powerful as their predecessors. What did you expect? 20-30 times more powerful? When has that ever happened? The only reason the jump seems smaller than it should is the fact that it's about 3yrs late. Consoles should get a new gen every 5yrs imo. That is the sweet spot.
Also I laughed when you stated that you put a computer together 3yrs ago for $400 that can out perform this gen. Come on man this topic has been done. Today you can put one together for that much money and match or slightly out perform them if you know how but 3yrs ago? No.
#45ascendedcobraPosted 8/26/2014 9:35:44 AM
Jedi454 posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Jedi454 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
People said exactly the same thing during the Xbox 360's first year.

Lots of folks thought that Gears of War 1 was the first true next-gen game back then.

Oblivion.

Looked amazing, ran like garbage.

For me Ghost Recon was the first wow next gen game moment on the 360, and it still looked great years later.

It ran fine, much better than Skyrim.

What!!!? Skyrim is bethesda's best running game...by far. Huge improvement over oblivion. To this day as a matter of fact I can't go in that fighters guild castle dlc in oblivion without crashing my game.
#46MRL3G3NDPosted 8/26/2014 9:39:20 AM
you have to understand whats going on...

The leap in hardware is substantial...what this much power is capable remains to be seen. Why?

Because they won't give us more than what it requires to get $60 out of us...AND as long as last gen is still going strong we won't see many titles that showcase that power.

Why is last gen going strong...because 98% of the games coming out now are last gen ports or arcade titles that don't require any power...

There is no "gears of war" moment that makes people want to go next gen...so we will continue to get games that were developed for last gen hardware...then they will up the resolution, and frame rate... sort of like the PC market for the past 5 years...

We went from 512mb RAM to 8 GB...common sense would tell you the new systems are far more capable of just offering a clearer view of a last gen game.

BUT the gaing industry is no longer about new experiences and mind blowing visuals and experiences...it's about how cheap they can produce a product that you will buy.

We still have people beating their chest about the gameplay over graphics argument...and now you have a lush market of garbage indie titles, and games that can run on a cellphone...on your $500 next gen machine.

When they said they could go another 5 years with last gen, I couldn't see it...but the rise of the casual gamer...and lol "hipster" gamer has made it so...
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#47PigfartsPosted 8/26/2014 9:40:54 AM
"My PC is 4.5 years old and I only paid $400 back then to build it"

so 4-5 years ago you bought a bunch of low end part...fast forward 4-5 years, and they still look better then ps4/xb1...You must have bought hot good.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#48Special-EddPosted 8/26/2014 9:42:10 AM
astutecollie posted...
How many gens will it take for people to know this happens every single gen? Remember when the early ps3 and 360 games looked like previous gen. It takes 1-2 years to get it really going.

I disagree. I was blown away by some of the launch titles on the 360 coming fresh off the back of the 6th gen consoles. Stuff like Call of Duty 2, Fight Night Round 3, and Perfect Dark Zero were really impressive when they were released. FN: Round 3 convinced me to buy a 360 along with the original trailers for Gears of War.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Wii, WiiU, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, Vita, 360, XB1, PC
#49Crystyn_7BPosted 8/26/2014 9:48:45 AM
ascendedcobra posted...
Jedi454 posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Jedi454 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
People said exactly the same thing during the Xbox 360's first year.

Lots of folks thought that Gears of War 1 was the first true next-gen game back then.

Oblivion.

Looked amazing, ran like garbage.

For me Ghost Recon was the first wow next gen game moment on the 360, and it still looked great years later.

It ran fine, much better than Skyrim.

What!!!? Skyrim is bethesda's best running game...by far. Huge improvement over oblivion. To this day as a matter of fact I can't go in that fighters guild castle dlc in oblivion without crashing my game.

You should have seen the german version of Oblivion at the start, they had like a 6 yr old do the translation, text out of brackets, mistranslations, wrong icon placement,...

Fireball was called Heiltrank which means healing potion.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#50FoppePosted 8/26/2014 9:50:45 AM
Pigfarts posted...
"My PC is 4.5 years old and I only paid $400 back then to build it"

so 4-5 years ago you bought a bunch of low end part...fast forward 4-5 years, and they still look better then ps4/xb1...You must have bought hot good.

Would be fun to see what parts he got for that price.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC