500GB Is Plenty

#71Crystyn_7BPosted 8/23/2014 8:01:27 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
aheroafake posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
Just get an external drive it's not only more spacious but also faster if you get a 7200rpm drive.

Do you have any recommendations for good places/sites to browse for them? Or any good brands and specs?

From what I've gathered WD likes to use 5400rpm drives. Personally I opted for a Seagate as that's a 7200rpm drive and cheaper than the WD.

WD has faster drives, and Seagate has the worst reliability in the HDD industry. Saving a few bucks is not worth having to replace your drives three times as often and losing data.

Maybe with internal but WD puts Hitachi drives, who they acquired, into their external HDDs, slow Hitachi drives...

Personally I often bought Seagate drives and was never let down.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#72scoobydoobydontPosted 8/23/2014 8:14:12 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Maybe with internal but WD puts Hitachi drives, who they acquired, into their external HDDs, slow Hitachi drives...Personally I often bought Seagate drives and was never let down.

You are free to do as you please, but every single tech and consumer site that has tested hdds has ranked Seagate worst by a large margin. Also have the worst CS. And your claims about WD are simply false, you can choose faster ones--and I mean explicitly buy 7200 rpm external drives--it sounds like you don't know how to shop for hdds, as evidenced by the fact that you keep buying the objectively worst brand.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#73aheroafakePosted 8/23/2014 8:28:42 PM
SNAKE0062 posted...
aheroafake posted...
SNAKE0062 posted...
Donuts_R_Good posted...
TC, that makes no damn sense given the average size of Xbox One games.

My COD: Ghosts alone takes up 40GB.

Shut up

Real civil there dude, jeez.

He was rude

Sure his response could've been nicer (I have no room to talk though) but (again, I have no room to talk) you didn't need to go off in him like that.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#74aheroafakePosted 8/23/2014 8:29:47 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Maybe with internal but WD puts Hitachi drives, who they acquired, into their external HDDs, slow Hitachi drives...Personally I often bought Seagate drives and was never let down.

You are free to do as you please, but every single tech and consumer site that has tested hdds has ranked Seagate worst by a large margin. Also have the worst CS. And your claims about WD are simply false, you can choose faster ones--and I mean explicitly buy 7200 rpm external drives--it sounds like you don't know how to shop for hdds, as evidenced by the fact that you keep buying the objectively worst brand.

Then what would you suggest?
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#75Crystyn_7BPosted 8/23/2014 8:32:19 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...

On the contrary you seem to confuse something there, WD doesn't disclose at all which hdd they put into their external hdds nor their rpm.

The MyBook line has been cracked open and there are 5400rom Hitachi drives inside.

I also don't care how Seagate is rated, I didn't have any problems in all the years I used their HDDs.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#76Donuts_R_GoodPosted 8/23/2014 8:43:23 PM
SNAKE0062 posted...
Donuts_R_Good posted...
TC, that makes no damn sense given the average size of Xbox One games.

My COD: Ghosts alone takes up 40GB.

Shut up

...So you're trolling, then?

Yeah that's what I'm gonna assume here.
---
HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY!
#77SNAKE0062(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 8:55:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#78Syn_VengeancePosted 8/23/2014 10:05:45 PM(edited)
glassghost0 posted...
SNAKE0062 posted...
I have 5 retail games 11 arcade games 16 games in total only 32.8 used. and if you run out of space buy a 4tb and your space will be infinite pretty much.

BS

Why is that? I have...

Crimson Dragon
Halo Spartan Assault
Max
Guacamelee
Strike suit Zero
Stryder
Pinball FX 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 +DLC
Plants vs Zombies
Wolfenstein

All digital and then..

Assassins Creed 4 + All DLC
Watchdogs + All current DLC

On disc

And I'm only at 37.9% full
---
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted..
#79Homie_202Posted 8/23/2014 10:12:56 PM
There is no way that true. I only have ryse, dead rising, and plants vs zombies installed and the games that have been free and a few games I have bought off the marketplace which in total is only 12 games. And I know games like peggle and guacamelee don't use a lot of space. But I am at 28% used. Even plants vs zombies isn't that big.
#80Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/23/2014 10:16:52 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
500GB is plenty, a 3TB external HDD with a faster Drive is better.

External Storage >>>> Changing internal HDD.

No way, changing the drive takes like 1 minute and it's very simple.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant