So Microsoft won't be at Tokyo Game Show...

#21Mandrew257(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 11:21:03 PM
VIC10U5 posted...
After the beating he took in a topic a couple of weeks ago, where he accused a poster of being someone he isn't, he has not quite been the same. I know trolls are masochistic and thrive on punishment but I think we broke poor Laylow.

Wait what? Lol. I wanna see this topic too.
---
"Christ was born on Christmas Day, and the Xbox One becoming #1 in worldwide sales will just be as equally meaningful" - Chevelle
PSN/NNID:Mandrew257
#22extankerPosted 8/23/2014 11:58:13 PM
Oh my god, Microsoft has NEVER skipped a TGS before. This must be signaling the end of Microsoft! Oh wait, yeah they have. I was there in 2012 and they skipped that one too. There were plenty of xbox games on display from third parties, just no official presence. It doesn't mean a thing.

TGS is a big deal in Japan, but it's a fraction of the size of E3 and much less important than it used to be when Japan lead gaming development. Microsoft skipping again it isn't surprising.
#23dolablaPosted 8/24/2014 12:13:43 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Quote from myself about this issue in another topic:

"I knew they were closing XBOX divisions and laying off 6,000 XBOX employees specifically apart from the Nokia layoffs but skipping main gaming conventions is really paring back operations to a stunning level. Stay tuned fans, we're in for a wild ride. "

Wow! This has me to the point I don't know what to do. I know you mentioned to me a few weeks back that your sources said this holiday season will be a big one.
#24TheGam3925Posted 8/24/2014 12:20:19 AM
Microsoft finally giving up in Japan. Smart move.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#25Laylow12Posted 8/24/2014 1:02:52 AM
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...

"I knew they were closing XBOX divisions and laying off 6,000 XBOX employees specifically apart from the Nokia layoffs but skipping main gaming conventions is really paring back operations to a stunning level. Stay tuned fans, we're in for a wild ride. "

Wow! This has me to the point I don't know what to do. I know you mentioned to me a few weeks back that your sources said this holiday season will be a big one.

Yeah, bro. I know its hostile on this board but you got a friend in me when they turn on you. (At some point they will). BECAREFUL there are some sensitive sams running around this board that are literally losing it.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#26a687947Posted 8/24/2014 1:37:32 AM
Laylow12 posted...

They weren't there in 2012 either so what's your point? they don't have a keynote at a convention in a country where they'll be lucky to sell 1 million consoles in the next ten years so this automatically means they're selling the Xbox division? Where do you get your delusions from?
#27kyncaniPosted 8/24/2014 2:40:32 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
I wasn't even aware there was a Tokyo game conference thing lol. Is it a big thing? What type of surprise announcements have been made in the past at it? Or is it just another convention where you get to try out games before they are released?

It is usually a very very Japanese oriented conference, with video games, merchandize, cosplay, ...
#28dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 2:55:54 AM(edited)
Izraeil posted...
I'm hoping the Level-5 PS4 JRPG gets announced.

I remember reading some rumors about a Ni no Kuni sequel being in the works. We can only hope!

TheGam3925 posted...
Microsoft finally giving up in Japan. Smart move.

They already did that last gen circa 2009.
#29Old_man_derpPosted 8/24/2014 3:53:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30stawg007Posted 8/24/2014 4:06:47 AM
Izraeil posted...
I'm hoping the Level-5 PS4 JRPG gets announced.

No Dark Cloud 3 =No buy

C'mon, just give it to me already

As for MS skipping, hopefully Phil still delivers some big games