So Microsoft won't be at Tokyo Game Show...

#31Laylow12Posted 8/24/2014 8:35:30 AM
a687947 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Quote from myself about this issue in another topic:

"I knew they were closing XBOX divisions and laying off 6,000 XBOX employees specifically apart from the Nokia layoffs but skipping main gaming conventions is really paring back operations to a stunning level. Stay tuned fans, we're in for a wild ride. "

They weren't there in 2012 either so what's your point? they don't have a keynote at a convention in a country where they'll be lucky to sell 1 million consoles in the next ten years so this automatically means they're selling the Xbox division? Where do you get your delusions from?

The writing is on the wall friend.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#32CapwnDPosted 8/24/2014 8:51:59 AM
I see Laylow is bumping the troll topics... What's the matter, PSN down?

Laylow12 likes to make stuff up. He reads these headlines and doesn't actually know what the story is, so he makes his own narrative, or he just believes the headline for face value. He's either extremely naive or he actually doesn't know what's going on.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#33boolzeroPosted 8/24/2014 8:53:37 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Persona 5 is on the way for PS3 that is...

With the rather lackluster sales of PS4 in Japan don't expect many japanese developers to make the jump any time soon.

I want to get rid of my PS3 for good but because of Persona 5 I have to keep it.

Between that and development costs which is also what is keeping a lot if developers back...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#34mcnichojPosted 8/24/2014 9:07:21 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Enclave posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
I wasn't even aware there was a Tokyo game conference thing lol. Is it a big thing? What type of surprise announcements have been made in the past at it? Or is it just another convention where you get to try out games before they are released?

Seriously? Pretty much ever major Japanese game tends to get announced and shown off there. It's basically the Japanese E3.

Anyways, the reason the PS4 isn't doing so hot in Japan right now is likely not only because Japan has become handheld country but also because there's a severe lack of Japan centric games on the system currently. TGS will probably be all about making Japan want the PS4.

Ah gotcha, that explains why I've not heard of it, I tend to stay away from Japanese games. I've tried in the past but I can never get into them. If this is a mainly Japanese thing, why would Microsoft be there anyway? They haven't released a console in Japan have they?
The Japanese make a very diverse set of games, you just blanket ignore them all? Are you racist?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#35MrImpatient35Posted 8/24/2014 9:09:26 AM
I'm just glad I decided to go with X1 first. The 2015 lineup for ps4 looks promising, but at the moment, nothing interests me.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#36Laylow12Posted 8/24/2014 10:58:21 AM(edited)
CapwnD posted...

Laylow12 likes to make stuff up. He reads these headlines and doesn't actually know what the story is, so he makes his own narrative, or he just believes the headline for face value. He's either extremely naive or he actually doesn't know what's going on.

Reality is right there friend. Inhale it; its intoxicating isn't it?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#37CapwnDPosted 8/24/2014 11:59:54 AM
Laylow12 posted...
CapwnD posted...

Reality is right there friend. Inhale it; its intoxicating isn't it?.

You mean PSN being down? Yeah I can't play my games offline on PS4 right now. And I'm pretty sure I set it as my home console when I got my replacement PS4 sent to me.
---
#38mcnichojPosted 8/24/2014 12:03:38 PM
CapwnD posted...
Laylow12 posted...
CapwnD posted...

Reality is right there friend. Inhale it; its intoxicating isn't it?.

You mean PSN being down? Yeah I can't play my games offline on PS4 right now. And I'm pretty sure I set it as my home console when I got my replacement PS4 sent to me.
I deleted my Awesomenuats because I thought it was corrupted and now I can't redownload it to at least play with bots. Why the Hell does the console not give you a clear indication that PSN is functioning correctly when you first sign in?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#39CapwnDPosted 8/24/2014 12:06:30 PM
Sneaky Sony!
---
#40HowatizerPosted 8/24/2014 2:52:24 PM
CapwnD posted...

No, he is just a fanboy who has been trolling the X1 boards for an embarrassingly long time. He represents the worst qualities the Sony community has to offer.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal