Why doesn't MS offer preorders on XBL like Sony does on PSN?

#1methosagainPosted 8/23/2014 8:20:49 PM
I would like to buy more multi platform games on the XB1 but MS seemly tries its hardest to discourage me from and other multi platform owners from doing so by not offering digital pre-orders. I already have COD, Destiny, Dragon Age, Farcry 4, AC Unity, etc purchased off of PSN and all are games which I may of purchased on the XB1 instead if I had that option, but sadly MS does not seem bothered to offer it.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#2CammyApplePosted 8/23/2014 8:25:16 PM
If a game doesn't let you pre-load it what benefit would you get from pre-ordering it digitally?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#3destiny1990Posted 8/23/2014 8:25:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 8/23/2014 8:25:41 PM
Pre-ordering is pointless even at retail, but digital? Hopefully people who have your insane need to pre-buy digital goods are a tiny, tiny minority.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#5destiny1990Posted 8/23/2014 8:25:57 PM
such a damn casual smh
#6CammyApplePosted 8/23/2014 8:26:30 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Pre-ordering is pointless even at retail, but digital? Hopefully people who have your insane need to pre-buy digital goods are a tiny, tiny minority.

If it allows you to pre-load the game it would be worth it.
---
#7uniquebadgerPosted 8/23/2014 8:27:08 PM
CammyApple posted...
If a game doesn't let you pre-load it what benefit would you get from pre-ordering it digitally?

scoobydoobydont posted...
#8mike468Posted 8/23/2014 8:32:56 PM(edited)
Noob or troll. The feature was just added in the past week as part of the system update that rolled out.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-now-supports-pre-loading/1100-6421860/

Seriously the feature was literally added on Thursday.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#9CammyApplePosted 8/23/2014 8:34:24 PM
mike468 posted...
Noob or troll. The feature was just added in the past week as part of the system update that rolled out.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-now-supports-pre-loading/1100-6421860/

Seriously the feature was literally added on Thursday.

Oh neat. I just got my XB1 today so that's news to me.
---
#10methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 8:35:21 PM
On the PS4 you can pre-load so that answers that question, and the biggest reason is piece of mind. There are various reasons for one to want to go ahead and preorder, I for example get paid quarterly which means I get one huge lump sum at the start of every three month cycle so I find it convenient to go ahead and purchased my games for the next three months as soon a I can so much like my bills,I get it out of the way s its not something I need worry about later towards the end of my paycheck and the amount I have allotted for entertainment expenses. .
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that