Xbox Ones Hard Time Hitting 1080p In Diablo 3 Doesnt Bode Well For Its Future.

#41Exodus_PrimePosted 8/25/2014 12:42:41 PM
zephirraines posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
What happened to kcypher's main account? Haven't seen it in a while.

I am leveling this one so that i can get invited to the higher level Ps4 board raids. You guys multibox with all your alts so u make raiding here seem easy.

Brb going to farm the vita boards with a "who is excited for TGS" attack.

Lol!

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#42eastofeastsidePosted 8/25/2014 12:48:36 PM
I'm a PS4 elite bro cuz I'm edgy and cool and we are definitely going to rule!
#43TheGam3925Posted 8/27/2014 12:00:06 AM
If MS didn't push blizzard to make it 1080p it could have run flawlessly.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#44YumeOMiruPosted 8/27/2014 12:06:50 AM
a687947 posted...
daniel79 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
tl;dr Blizzard is lazy.

Theres no cure for stupidity..

Lol irony

If you´re going to harass someone,

Fix:
"LOL"
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#45lunaticcorePosted 8/27/2014 12:19:33 AM
There was no terrible terrible cost in Diablo. The games plays super smooth. Nobody would even know the frames drop if they weren't trolling with DF articles. The game plays so smooth even DF was asking why the PS4 version wasn't better. We also don't know how bad the frame rate was getting crushed at 1080p before Microsoft stepped in.

So once again.. "Most drops tend to be imperceptible, and in the end, we resorted to scanning hours of footage to track most shifts downwards from the 60fps mark"
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#46Shadowfxd2Posted 8/27/2014 12:25:12 AM
looks like i'll get my multi platforms on ps4, since xbone can't seem to run them well.
#47archibald3Posted 8/27/2014 12:53:15 AM
Does it occur to anyone that this article is really just by some nobody blogging. He`s just like any other troll hanging around here. His handle is even

Billy

Fanboy tears... I slurp them up like a milkshake.

Sad when you have to dredge up stuff like this on the internet to support whats more or less lies anyways.
#48leelee3105Posted 8/27/2014 1:07:49 AM
NoMoreDeadCops posted...
http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2014/08/xbox-ones-hard-time-hitting-1080p-in-diablo-3-doesnt-bode-well-for-its-future/

..Microsoft’s decision to demand Blizzard to up the resolution of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition on the Xbox One came at a terrible, terrible cost.

So over on Eurogamer [via ReviewTechUsa] the performance analysis yielded some interesting results: The Xbox One was able to hit 1080p after Microsoft cracked down on Blizzard, but the resolution bump from 720p came with consistent frame drops during the busy gameplay areas like a one-armed waiter with a tray full of glassed water and a bad case of Tourette’s syndrome.

But it wasn’t entirely Blizzard’s choice, as noted by the production director, John Hight…

“We did find it challenging early on to get it to 1080p. That’s why we made the decision to drop to 900. That’s what we demoed and were showing around E3 time. And Microsoft was just like, ‘This is unacceptable. You need to figure out a way to get a better resolution.’ So we worked with them directly, they gave us a code update to let us get to full 1080p.”

Now the real takeaway from this isn’t that Microsoft demanded the Xbox One to hit 1080p in order to match some form of parity with the PS4, all at the expense of stable frame-rates, it’s that the Xbox One struggled to hit full HD at 1920 x 1080p at all. I mean, it’s an isometric 3D game for crying out loud!

If Diablo III is hitting performance barriers on the Xbox One – and keep in mind that this is following the XDK June update that frees up 10% of the GPU for Microsoft’s big black-about-to-be-a-bum box – then what happens when actual demanding games made for eighth gen start rolling around?...

another phony pony troll fopic
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#49SoulTrapperPosted 8/27/2014 1:08:14 AM
archibald3 posted...
Does it occur to anyone that this article is really just by some nobody blogging. He`s just like any other troll hanging around here. His handle is even

Billy

Fanboy tears... I slurp them up like a milkshake.

Sad when you have to dredge up stuff like this on the internet to support whats more or less lies anyways.

That's true, but that doesn't change anything about the arguments he's using or the point he's making.

If devs are struggling to get that 1080p/60fps right now and on a cross gen game, how is it going to stand up to future games, which will be much more demanding?

Devs will learn to work with it and it will get easier through sdk updates and everything, but the hardware isn't going to improve.
And if it's hard to get 1080p/60fps now, it's not going to become easier to get there with more demanding games.
#50leelee3105Posted 8/27/2014 1:12:40 AM
You are ignoring 10 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

wow this post is basically a pony farm? mmmmmmm salty
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution