Destiny beta was miserable ...

#21duces9killaPosted 8/24/2014 12:41:55 PM
Destiny> halo trilogy thats my opinion so deal with it
#22SizableMattressPosted 8/24/2014 12:45:05 PM
duces9killa posted...

I respect your bravery. I'm not gonna lie though, no campaign storyline will ever be as near and dear to me as Halo's. But I think Destiny's gameplay will have way more longevity and variety to offer
---
3ds friend code: 0645-7095-3198
3ds profile name: Mattress. Pokemon ign: bilbo
#23uniquebadgerPosted 8/24/2014 12:46:03 PM
SizableMattress posted...
I loved it, but I wasn't comparing it to Halo at all.

This is how i feel. If you compare it to Halo then of course you will feel disappointed. I don't think they ever intended for it to be the next Halo. Are there things they could have done better? Sure. But for what it is i think it was very enjoyable.
#24Robin_MaskPosted 8/24/2014 12:46:40 PM
The story and setting isn't good.

I don't feel the urgency in the story at all, just feels like trivial crap. Halo at least kept the threats to be titans. This? I have no idea who are the main villains nor see any urgency in killing the enemies. It was always "look enemies, they can't be here" and "oh more enemies kill them too" and the enemies have a dull design.

I was amazed at how the Covenant looked and feared fighting the Flood due to their nastiness at first, along with how different were the AIs where the Flood would always charge head on no matter what.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#25NeonYoshi11Posted 8/24/2014 2:11:44 PM
PrintersChamp posted...
I agree. I love Halo , but Destiny was boring. And I just overall didn't like it.

Didn't play the Beta, but I can't wait to play Destiny. It looks awesome in it's own new way.

* At first glance it may seem boring, but it offers some good replay value in that nearly every class, ability, weapon and armor is appealing to almost everyone.

That plus Bungie has always had really good quality multiplayer so I'm sure that will stay fun for a while.
#26NeonYoshi11Posted 8/24/2014 2:12:52 PM
I'm hoping that as the DLC releases, they really open up some awesome backstory that makes us want to journey elsewhere.

I wonder if we head out of the solar system at any point in the future.

I haven't followed the story yet though, I'm waiting for the full game for that.
#27LanternOfAshPosted 8/24/2014 2:27:06 PM
duces9killa posted...

The game isn't even out yet. But we still have people like this guy.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#28mrpicPosted 8/24/2014 2:32:56 PM
i enjoyed it and the weapons gear and customization will be fun to work towards and play online with mates
#29skermacPosted 8/24/2014 3:00:09 PM
Beta = Boring!! Unless there are big changes I will pass.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#30bwtowne23Posted 8/24/2014 3:01:11 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
I played with friends and it was still boring. I would rather play Titanfall and Battlefield 4 online with no friends than play Destiny with my all of my friends.

This. I was extremely excited for destiny too. The beta turned me off. But there's still halo!
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: breev EZ
Not Changing Sig Till Bulls win the championship (6/20/06)