ddos'd...are we next?

#1dontBaPRObroPosted 8/24/2014 3:47:29 AM
people are apparently getting kicked out of games since PSN is down. can or has this ever happened to xbox live? damn hackers using their skill for evil.
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 8/24/2014 3:51:33 AM
Ddos attacks don't require skill of any kind... Seriously, they have to be the easiest and most basic form of attack I know of
---
Don't mistake me for a troll, I'm just a nice guy who likes to debate/argue
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#3dontBaPRObro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 3:57:24 AM
So this is something Sony is not prepared for? Can this happen to Live?
#4puffnbillys420Posted 8/24/2014 4:00:33 AM
I heard a rumour that microsft is behind these attacks so they can genuinly claim their online is better
---
If you aint first you're last
#5wrettcaughnPosted 8/24/2014 4:57:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6glassghost0Posted 8/24/2014 5:07:52 AM(edited)
Xbox live is way more secure than psn

It's very unlikely

Don't forget, the entire ps3 Gen, users didn't have to pay for online so Sony didn't receive any monetary support to put in to the maintaining/security of their network

You get what you pay for
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/24/2014 5:13:03 AM
It would honestly depend on how dedicated the people behind the ddos weredontBaPRObro posted...
people are apparently getting kicked out of games since PSN is down. can or has this ever happened to xbox live? damn hackers using their skill for evil.

It would depend upon the hackers's dedication to DDOS'ing. If they truly wanted to bring down live, they could do it with minimal effort.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#8Terry-bogardPosted 8/24/2014 5:17:12 AM
Considering the psn is already back up , I wouldn't worry too much.
glassghost0 posted...

It's very unlikely

Don't forget, the entire ps3 Gen, users didn't have to pay for online so Sony didn't receive any monetary support to put in to the maintaining/security of their network

You get what you pay for

Steam got hit too you know by the same group . The xbox isn't safe from ddos attack .

Considering the psn is already back up and running I wouldn't worry too much.
---
Only kids brag about performances in a videogame. Being good at a videogame is only about spending time playing it , nothing special about it.
#9nableetPosted 8/24/2014 5:18:50 AM
glassghost0 posted...

It's very unlikely

You get what you pay for

http://gearnuke.com/hacker-group-derp-beigns-attacking-xbox-live-brings-ddos-attack/

Derp.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#10Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 5:20:36 AM
Is there any protection against DDoS? I imagine the only option is to restrict access.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)