ddos'd...are we next?

#21Spetsnaz420Posted 8/24/2014 7:24:22 AM
Sxmfct posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Ddos attacks don't require skill of any kind... Seriously, they have to be the easiest and most basic form of attack I know of

People always talk about how DDoSing is a low quality thing yet it obviously requires some knowledge else everything would go down all the time

You can't do it so stop claiming it's so basic

I wouldn't do it. I could very easily utilize a ddos script like these kiddies did.
---
Don't mistake me for a troll, I'm just a nice guy who likes to debate/argue
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#22billsfanno1Posted 8/24/2014 7:25:11 AM
Yomonachi2 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Saw on a posting at another site that credit card information has been compromised. Don't know that a simple ddos attack would accomplish that. Also sucks that the supposed DRM-less PS4 has been exposed as more Sony BS, a lot of people can't play their games.

That's because they scrubbed up and didn't set it as their primary account. I can play both PS3 and PS4.

Sounds like pretty robust DRM, no different than X1. So much for the pride of mercenaries.
#23Yomonachi2Posted 8/24/2014 7:29:32 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
Yomonachi2 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Saw on a posting at another site that credit card information has been compromised. Don't know that a simple ddos attack would accomplish that. Also sucks that the supposed DRM-less PS4 has been exposed as more Sony BS, a lot of people can't play their games.

That's because they scrubbed up and didn't set it as their primary account. I can play both PS3 and PS4.

Sounds like pretty robust DRM, no different than X1. So much for the pride of mercenaries.

Sounds like you're trolling.
#24kidwgmPosted 8/24/2014 7:37:48 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
I heard a rumour that microsft is behind these attacks so they can genuinly claim their online is better

lol. Let me guess your friends cousin's dad mail man's mom works at MS right?
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#25billsfanno1Posted 8/24/2014 7:47:26 AM
Yomonachi2 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Yomonachi2 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

Except stating facts is not trolling. Why so defensive about the truth being known?
#26Rainy_David1Posted 8/24/2014 8:00:03 AM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
Yomonachi2 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Yomonachi2 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

Except stating facts is not trolling. Why so defensive about the truth being known?

I was drinking champagne on Lake Shore drive, 89 miles per hour
A smooth road, wearing a tuxedo, very sharp
There was a party at a hotel, downtown Chicago
This is my town
I should not be driving this car

Flashing red lights. I pulled the car
License and registration, sobriety check...
There is a crack rock in my throat
I will be the best-dressed man in prison!
I should not be driving this car

Now, I'm in a cab. I call my babe
She tells me, "Be cool."
My baby comes, she say, "Let's go. Take the tuxedo off
Let your thoughts flies away"
I should not have that car drove...
#27justchill433Posted 8/24/2014 8:04:29 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
Yomonachi2 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Yomonachi2 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

You're not stating facts.

Saw on a posting at another site that credit card information has been compromised.

That's just stupid and untrue. A DDoS attack wouldn't get you credit card info.

As for people not being able to play stuff on their PS4, this has been known for a while. Also not a big deal, since it wont be a problem for most people.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s LoL: Ikikaea
#28ChargrilledPosted 8/24/2014 8:12:59 AM
Live doesnt go down for very long when its attacked.
Loads of servers, comtinually monitored.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#29BansDontWorkPosted 8/24/2014 8:16:49 AM
Microsoft dont need to worry about ddos, because they are already screwing people over from playing online using trial codes...been going on for over a week now, yet no outcry.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#30EstocassassinPosted 8/24/2014 8:24:10 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
Estocassassin posted...
This but you need many people doing it at the same time to take down anything big.

Nope. DDoS attacks can be done with one person. They're called DNS amplification attacks. They send queries via Open DNS's which accept any and all traffic that is queried from them. In combination with this, spoofed IP addresses are used, and since this is over UDP, there's no handshake to see if the IP is correct. So it's just a matter of spoofing an ip address, and querying information from a particular source by requesting the information in as large of a format as possible and you've effectively amplified the information. This could easily knock Microsoft's servers offline.

This also requires very little technical skill. Everyone thinks that botnets are required. They aren't.

DDoS can be done by one person but not to somebody like micrsoft, the main 2 ways DDoS attacks are prevented is they are either reversed on to the attacker or they limit as to how much traffic can go through one ip, this means that to cause enough traffic to bring their servers down multiple attackers will be needed or one very smart one who could bypass these systems.
---
I have a great idea that i am taking straight to dragons den!!!!!
Salt shakers in the shape of sony fanboys XD