ddos'd...are we next?

#41Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 9:23:58 AM
GreatHammurabi posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
GreatHammurabi posted...
From what I understand, the group doing this is based outside of the USA so there really isn't much that can be done against them. In a legal punishment sense, anyway.

Not 100% sure of that, it's just what I've been hearing.

Interpol?

It would all depend on the legality of DDoSing in the country they are based in. Truthfully, I have no idea where they're at or the legality of it there.

If something is legal in your country but illegal in another country, you're safe as long as you stay in your country while doing it.

Nah even if you break federal law on property within the US from outside the US they can issue an international arrest notice. It then depends on the countries carrying it out.

Makes you wonder why murders aren't carried out in border regions. Like being from country A shooting your victim standing in country B, while being in country C.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#42savagechild89Posted 8/24/2014 9:43:38 AM
probably. they have been on a spree since last night. as far as i know they hit battle.net (WoW, diablo, starcraft). i think they hit LoL and supposedly PoE. PSN seems to be their current target so it wouldnt shock me if xbox live gets hit next.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, XBL: Littleraven89 (inactive), 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#43duericPosted 8/24/2014 9:47:05 AM
Typically, it's not Live or PSN that gets ddos'ed. It's your personal hardware.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#44jaoman69Posted 8/24/2014 9:48:23 AM
its not gonna happen to xbox "I think" its probably an xbox fanboy who launched the attack
#45boolzeroPosted 8/24/2014 9:50:23 AM
Terry-bogard posted...
Considering the psn is already back up , I wouldn't worry too much.
glassghost0 posted...
Xbox live is way more secure than psn

It's very unlikely

Don't forget, the entire ps3 Gen, users didn't have to pay for online so Sony didn't receive any monetary support to put in to the maintaining/security of their network

You get what you pay for

Steam got hit too you know by the same group . The xbox isn't safe from ddos attack .

Considering the psn is already back up and running I wouldn't worry too much.

Steam can't even keep their servers up during a sale event without issue, so no offense to that notion, but I don't put a lot of stock into Steam servers when they actually know the amount of traffic they are going to get and handle it...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#46MG42_CHEFPosted 8/24/2014 10:02:39 AM
SubSeenix posted...
Nah cause they made a mistake right now
They will disappear pretty soon...

http://abload.de/img/2014-08-2417_06_31-li1ljzn.png

Today we planted the ISIS flag on @Sony's servers #ISIS #jihad

Have fun with the FBI or whoever is going to get them.
They have the attention they wanted now

Even more reason to carpet bomb Iraq and turn it into a glass factory.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#47kingsteve1515Posted 8/24/2014 10:04:28 AM
dontBaPRObro posted...
people are apparently getting kicked out of games since PSN is down. can or has this ever happened to xbox live? damn hackers using their skill for evil.

It was not only Sony, several companies were targeted. I actually wanted to play some 2k14 this morning but was locked out. My guess would be that because xbl is a larger and more established service that they have more servers and are more difficult to target but who knows.
---
If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place
#48CraiCrushnaPosted 8/24/2014 10:14:08 AM
First off, DDOS is not hacking. Please stop calling it that.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5721070
Carpetfresh(Xbox and PS3) Crai Crushna(League of Legends)
#49IzicialPosted 8/24/2014 10:30:29 AM
Anything can be Ddos attacked. ANYTHING. Including your own personal home network.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#50Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 8/24/2014 10:32:52 AM
SubSeenix posted...
Nah cause they made a mistake right now
They will disappear pretty soon...

http://abload.de/img/2014-08-2417_06_31-li1ljzn.png

Today we planted the ISIS flag on @Sony's servers #ISIS #jihad

Have fun with the FBI or whoever is going to get them.
They have the attention they wanted now

Wow.. These guys are pathetic. And I thought the whole "Lizard Squad on yo forehead" crap they were posting earlier was bad. I hope these guys get busted just for the fact that they are complete morons bragging about all this crap on twitter like they are such badasses.
---
I have to return some videotapes.