Why isn't Kinect 2 being officially sold separately already?

#1D33p_InsidePosted 8/24/2014 4:48:08 AM
For people who bought the kinect-less xbones
---
PSN: Radical_Terror
#2Mr_KillstreakPosted 8/24/2014 5:05:20 AM
We don't want them, that's why we bought Kinectless Xbox Ones.
#3wake_me_420Posted 8/24/2014 5:08:16 AM
Developers weren't interested in making games when it was mandatory. They sure as hell aren't going to now, aside from an Annual Dance Central and perhaps Kinect Sports. MS seriously blundered with it.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#4astutecolliePosted 8/24/2014 5:08:27 AM
I want kinect but i preordered the sunset white bundle which doesnt have it, so id like them to sell it seperately.
#5glassghost0Posted 8/24/2014 5:08:55 AM
Mr_Killstreak posted...

Nope

I want one, just couldn't afford the full package and was tired of waiting

But I very much want the kinect
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#6astutecolliePosted 8/24/2014 5:11:23 AM
wake_me_420 posted...
Developers weren't interested in making games when it was mandatory. They sure as hell aren't going to now, aside from an Annual Dance Central and perhaps Kinect Sports. MS seriously blundered with it.

I love how ppl just make random things up on this board. Devs were always interested in making games for the x1. Theres a reason why it has 40 exclusives in development to the ps4s 32. Fyi, it was always optional for devs to do anything with kinect, just like wii u devs never had to use the gamepad screen if they didnt want.

Only thing ms messed up was forcing ppl to pay for it which has been fixed.
#7SigmaLongshotPosted 8/24/2014 5:23:01 AM
Actually, interesting story - because they're not being sold separately yet, my cousin who bought a kinect-free console was down visiting me and got quite attached to the gestural/vocal commands, and returned back to Scotland with the intention of buying one.

Unable to buy a separate unit, he resorted to checking CEX for preowned ones (CEX is a glorified, upmarket electronics pawn shop in the UK), and because they had no SKU/barcode to check prices, they were selling the ones people were pawning for 25 (less than $50!).

So he now has the full system, and he saved a huge amount of dosh in the process - just by buying the Kinect-free version and buying the Kinect 2.0 separately from CEX! Neat trick, right?
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.
#8Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/24/2014 5:31:47 AM
Mr_Killstreak posted...

Not entirely true. For those of us who bought bundles, we weren't given the option of Kinect or no Kinect. I'd buy a Kinect included Sunset Overdrive bunduru if I could.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#9IKnowGameFuPosted 8/24/2014 5:57:02 AM
astutecollie posted...
wake_me_420 posted...

I love how ppl just make random things up on this board. Devs were always interested in making games for the x1. Theres a reason why it has 40 exclusives in development to the ps4s 32.
Fyi, it was always optional for devs to do anything with kinect, just like wii u devs never had to use the gamepad screen if they didnt want.

Only thing ms messed up was forcing ppl to pay for it which has been fixed.

Poster was referring to developer interest in games that use Kinect.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV