You know what really grinds my gears?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. You know what really grinds my gears?
1 year ago#1
When companies like Square Enix and Konami suddenly give us games that used to be exclusive without giving us the full story.

Where is Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 and Metal Gear 1 and 4 god damnit?

Also I'm a multigamer (I play on all consoles/pc), I just feel awful for the Xbox only gamers who can't experience the full story without buying a different system.
---
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
3DS Friend Code: 4553-9960-4244
1 year ago#2
I'm guessing cause cause KH was ps2 exclusive and sony had something to do with the publishing. Sony owned quite a bit of Square in the ps and ps2 days. Idk about mgs

Edit: oddly most of the story in KH comes out of the Nintendo consoles..
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
1 year ago#3
Family Guy is a terrible show.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
1 year ago#4
+1 for BioWare/EA. They eventually released the entire Mass Effect story to PS fans.

Although it was only one game, compared to the 4+ games it would take for Metal Gear Solid. :P
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
1 year ago#5
People aren't missing out on Kingdom Hearts' story.

By the time anyone would get around to understanding it, their interest would be long gone.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
1 year ago#6
TheGam3925 posted...

---
gamertag: crim cram
PSN: vibracaust
1 year ago#7
I agree, tc. But, at least in konami's case, metal gears story is so stupid, convoluted and shotgunned from the hip, theyre pretty much stand alone titles as is.

I'm not saying theyre not enjoyable titles, as they most certainly can be, i'm just saying that every bit of narrative that matters within the context of whatever 5 ends up being about, will be thoroughly explained in 15 different 35 minute cutscenes, only to then be turned on its head in 16 different 20 minute cutscenes--that come later--BEFORE the ending 45 minute cutscene changes everything again while setting up a direct sequel that will occur 4 encounters later and 30 years after the fact.

Where, again, everything will change all over.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS
1 year ago#8
cminc posted...
I agree, tc. But, at least in konami's case, metal gears story is so stupid, convoluted and shotgunned from the hip, theyre pretty much stand alone titles as is.

Any Kingdom Heart's isnt?

I'd argue that Kingdom Heart's story is even more convoluted.
---
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
3DS Friend Code: 4553-9960-4244
1 year ago#9
Storrac posted...
cminc posted...

Any Kingdom Heart's isnt?

I'd argue that Kingdom Heart's story is even more convoluted.

But KH isn't that serious, nor does it take itself serious. You don't play it for the story but the ride.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
1 year ago#10
stehv posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

---
3DSFC: 1977-0327-8740
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. You know what really grinds my gears?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived