Is a game an exclusive if it's also on PC?

#21dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 11:39:48 AM(edited)
Callmege posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I personally don't consider PC gaming as actual gaming since i have a non gaming pc and a very small monitor and wouldnt even think of buying a game like Dead Rising 3 a year late to try and play it on it...what are your views on "exclusives" ?
To me if it's on one console only (x1 or ps4) it's exclusive.

Wait what? What are you smoking?

You don't consider PC gaming to be real gaming because your PC sucks? What kind of crack addict logic is that?

I don't consider Hollywood mansions to be real homes because I don't live in one. See? It totally checks out.
#22Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 11:43:11 AM
I dont consider pc gaming since i and most people i suspect dont have computers that can run most modern games.. Plus pc releases are completely scattered - finally getting dr3 a year later..
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#23Laylow12Posted 8/24/2014 11:43:33 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
Only if it's on PS4/PC.

Doesn't count if it's Xbox One and PC.

This board has decided this fact long ago.

Meltdown confirmed.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#24bgwilly255Posted 8/24/2014 11:47:22 AM
The term exclusive, as stated by Phil Spensor and that Jipanio Hideojima guy at Sony, an "exclusive" refers to it's availability on gaming consoles only. Consoles are not in competition with PC.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#25dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 11:48:31 AM(edited)
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I dont consider pc gaming since i and most people i suspect dont have computers that can run most modern games.. Plus pc releases are completely scattered - finally getting dr3 a year later..

Most modern games are held back by last gen systems still. You can buy an entry level gaming PC and still have as good of a time as on console, if not moreso thanks to the inherently higher resolutions/framerates and modding. And PC has more exclusives (real ones) than any one console in history.

I think you're uneducated on the subject, personally, and could use to learn more before dismissing the PC gaming scene completely. You'll find it to be much cheaper in the long run as well.
#26kyncaniPosted 8/24/2014 11:52:02 AM
Callmege posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I personally don't consider PC gaming as actual gaming since i have a non gaming pc and a very small monitor and wouldnt even think of buying a game like Dead Rising 3 a year late to try and play it on it...what are your views on "exclusives" ?

You don't consider PC gaming to be real gaming because your PC sucks? What kind of crack addict logic is that?

What if someone does not consider current gen consoles viable yet, does not have a Xbox 360 but only has a PS3.

Does Diablo 3 become a PS3 exclusive ?
#27Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 11:54:39 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

Most modern games are held back by last gen systems still. You can buy an entry level gaming PC and still have as good of a time as on console, if not moreso thanks to the inherently higher resolutions/framerates and modding. And PC has more exclusives (real ones) than any one console in history.

I think you're uneducated on the subject, personally, and could use to learn more before dismissing the PC gaming scene completely. You'll find it to be much cheaper in the long run as well.

Most peoples like my pc are in different rooms from my tv and ill be damned if ill buy a game a year late to play on a 17" inch moniter when i have a 55" sony bravia tv .. And with console gaming u dont have to deal with updating drivers and all the bs that comes with pc gaming.. Used to do it when half life was new -- what a freaking hassle.
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#28dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 11:54:00 AM
kyncani posted...
Callmege posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

What if someone does not consider current gen consoles viable yet, does not have a Xbox 360 but only has a PS3.

Does Diablo 3 become a PS3 exclusive ?

Any one person's individual status is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand, you bozo.
#29Veemon_XPosted 8/24/2014 11:55:21 AM
If its not on PS4, but on XBox and PC (Windows OS), then maybe its Microsoft exclusive?
---
Proud owner of a PS4
Might also get a One one or two years from now because it seems to agitate ponies suggesting it might have something worthwhile after all.
#30dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 12:00:12 PM(edited)
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
dnmt posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

Most peoples like my pc are in different rooms from my tv and ill be damned if ill buy a game a year late to play on a 17" inch moniter when i have a 55" sony bravia tv .. And with console gaming u dont have to deal with ipdsting drivers and all the bs that comes with pc gaming.. Used to do it when half life was new -- what a freaking hassle.

You can hook up your PC to the TV and play it that way. Never heard of Big Picture mode on Steam? Most games released in the last few years will support a controller out of the box as well. Updating drivers is painless. Really you're just making excuses for your own laziness here.