Is a game an exclusive if it's also on PC?

#31dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 11:56:38 AM
Veemon_X posted...
If its not on PS4, but on XBox and PC (Windows OS), then maybe its Microsoft exclusive?

MS does not see any money from games sold on PC unless it's a game that they developed or published themselves, so no.
#32CallmegePosted 8/24/2014 2:20:45 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I dont consider pc gaming since i and most people i suspect dont have computers that can run most modern games.. Plus pc releases are completely scattered - finally getting dr3 a year later..

I spent 400 on my laptop 2 years ago and I'm more than happy with the games I can play on it. Also it's hooked up to a TV. I've got a keyboard/mouse setup as well as a wired 360 controller for when I want to sit back and chill.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#33Mr_SociopathPosted 8/24/2014 2:30:52 PM
I don't see how you can call a game that's available on Xbox and PC as an Xbox exclusive, when I don't have an Xbox, and yet still somehow able to play an Xbox exclusive.
---
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid
#34glassghost0Posted 8/24/2014 2:41:08 PM
Mr_Sociopath posted...
I don't see how you can call a game that's available on Xbox and PC as an Xbox exclusive, when I don't have an Xbox, and yet still somehow able to play an Xbox exclusive.

A PC isn't a video game console, that's why
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#35CKnightPosted 8/24/2014 2:47:42 PM
Yes.

PC is the worst. Too many variables not everyone has the same exp with the same game.

Not everyone has money to burn building gaming PCs. Don't be fooled, it's expensive unless you have some kind of hook up.
#36blitz_0623Posted 8/24/2014 2:55:19 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Mr_Sociopath posted...

A PC isn't a video game console, that's why

Xbox exclusive =/= console exclusive.
DR3, Titanfall, etc = console exclusive
Sunset Overdrive = Xbox exclusive
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#37AzaneAzerPosted 8/24/2014 2:57:57 PM(edited)
I don't know why this is even a question, exclusive is a well defined term, and if its not exclusive, its not an exclusive.

CKnight posted...
Yes.

PC is the worst. Too many variables not everyone has the same exp with the same game.

Not everyone has money to burn building gaming PCs. Don't be fooled, it's expensive unless you have some kind of hook up.

You can build a machine that can run "Xbox 1" level games at 30 fps/720p cheaper than buying an xbox 1, and for another ~100 in the graphics card department, you can run it at 60/1080

The myth that PCs are so expensive is pretty bad, most people goto a website like Alienware and look at their pre-built JUNK and half of your money goes towards Software licensing, which is free if you build your own (Hint, it's actually a lot easier than it sounds even with no experience)
#38OreoBoy206Posted 8/24/2014 3:04:37 PM
Technically it's not a full blown exclusive as it can be played on PC too.. However, it could be considered "console exclusive" as in there's only one console the game can be played on.

The PC gaming market and console gaming market are two separate entities for now, therefor having a game on PC too doesn't really influence the console gaming market or it's consumers. If Steam Machines ever take off then the markets might merge and have consoles and PCs in direct competition with each other.
#39mokmuudPosted 8/24/2014 3:08:04 PM
glassghost0 posted...
dnmt posted...
glassghost0 posted...
If a game is on Xbox and PC, then it's an Xbox exclusive

Same goes for PS, Nintendo, whatever

You can play anything on a PC...

You can't play Uncharted, TLoU, Demon's Souls, GoW or any other Sony title on PC, because those are actually exclusive to Sony.

If you can play the game on one platform only then it's exclusive, otherwise no.

Incorrect

Oh I didn't realize those titles had an official PC launch.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#40OMGWYATTPosted 8/24/2014 3:08:05 PM
What happens when somebody plays Ryse on a Sony PC using Linux? Does the world implode?
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18