Is a game an exclusive if it's also on PC?

#41mokmuudPosted 8/24/2014 2:11:19 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Mr_Sociopath posted...
I don't see how you can call a game that's available on Xbox and PC as an Xbox exclusive, when I don't have an Xbox, and yet still somehow able to play an Xbox exclusive.

A PC isn't a video game console, that's why

Doesn't matter. It's either exclusive or not. If the consumer can only play it on one platform then it's exclusive.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#42dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 2:18:53 PM
mokmuud posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Mr_Sociopath posted...
I don't see how you can call a game that's available on Xbox and PC as an Xbox exclusive, when I don't have an Xbox, and yet still somehow able to play an Xbox exclusive.

Doesn't matter. It's either exclusive or not. If the consumer can only play it on one platform then it's exclusive.

Some people have a very hard time grasping what should be a very simple prospect.
#43hak145Posted 8/24/2014 2:25:14 PM
dnmt posted...
mokmuud posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Mr_Sociopath posted...

Some people have a very hard time grasping what should be a very simple prospect.

Console exclusive means it's not available on PC. Why don't people get this?
---
Gamertag XL: CRAZYjump, PSN: CRAZIERjump
Winner: Dark Souls.....2, Honorable Mentions: Fallout 3, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Bioshock
#44boolzeroPosted 8/24/2014 2:34:29 PM(edited)
dnmt posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
dnmt posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I dont consider pc gaming since i and most people i suspect dont have computers that can run most modern games.. Plus pc releases are completely scattered - finally getting dr3 a year later..

Most modern games are held back by last gen systems still. You can buy an entry level gaming PC and still have as good of a time as on console, if not moreso thanks to the inherently higher resolutions/framerates and modding. And PC has more exclusives (real ones) than any one console in history.

I think you're uneducated on the subject, personally, and could use to learn more before dismissing the PC gaming scene completely. You'll find it to be much cheaper in the long run as well.

Most peoples like my pc are in different rooms from my tv and ill be damned if ill buy a game a year late to play on a 17" inch moniter when i have a 55" sony bravia tv .. And with console gaming u dont have to deal with ipdsting drivers and all the bs that comes with pc gaming.. Used to do it when half life was new -- what a freaking hassle.

You can hook up your PC to the TV and play it that way. Never heard of Big Picture mode on Steam? Most games released in the last few years will support a controller out of the box as well. Updating drivers is painless. Really you're just making excuses for your own laziness here.

Say what you will but a PC in most folks living room connected their TV's is not the most ideal setup for a number of reasons. Wireless keyboard and mice, which have become better then the use do be, still are not at a input frequency in which they are decent for couch gaming without some noticeable input lag from more than 6' out (9' being extremely noticeable and 15' being input lag city despite most claims of supporting up to 30'), and most folks don't have their couch parked smack in front of their TV to improve that. Not knocking anyone, but not everyone has tiny living rooms or have their things so packed tight.

The same goes for wireless controller support as well for PC.

Third, it's a matter of space, with gaming rigs being too big and ungainly for most living room cabinets, entertainment shelves and the like.

Lastly, people who are not single bachelors, who have nice stuff and care about how it looks find it an unnecessary challenge to find a way to make a gaming rig fit into their living room systems.

Honestly, I would almost bet that most if not all of these folks who say they game on their TV's in their living rooms are single bachelors or really young folks with small spaces and no kids. As a old PC gamer myself, I duped to indulfpge in such when I was younger, but you just can't manage a gaming PC in the living room with kids and a family these days. Even building something that would fit in with the rest of ones other electronics is a challenge because of size form factor.

I think for quite a few folks some of these reasons are an issue. The point being, while PC gaming in your living room may work for you, it is far from ideal for everyone as opposed to consoles, which are designed behind the idea of functionality for that space...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#45dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 2:33:48 PM
hak145 posted...
dnmt posted...
mokmuud posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Mr_Sociopath posted...

Console exclusive means it's not available on PC. Why don't people get this?

There's no such thing as a "console exclusive". Either a game is exclusive or it isn't.
#46LazyyAmericanPosted 8/24/2014 2:39:50 PM
Is there even a reason this is a thing?
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
#47boolzeroPosted 8/24/2014 2:45:13 PM
dnmt posted...
There's no such thing as a "console exclusive". Either a game is exclusive or it isn't.

The video game industry at large would disagree with you as they are the ones that coined the phrase. You may not like it, but it IS a term used by every head of its industry and Developers and Publishers all around. Numerous quotes can be found with just about any person in the industry using the term; therefore it is an accepted term and a reality. Your opinion on the matter of their existence would just be that; your opinion... And your opinion is uninformed, in denial or wrong according to the people that actually dictate the market. No offense, but it doesn't help to be contrarian on something when their is irrefutable evidence of it at the stroke of a key. Now if you were to say you don't agree with the industries idea of "Console Exclusives" then that is a different story... Of which you ARE justified to that opinion.
---
#48mokmuudPosted 8/24/2014 2:47:40 PM
boolzero posted...
dnmt posted...

The video game industry at large would disagree with you as they are the ones that coined the phrase. You may not like it, but it IS a term used by every head of its industry and Developers and Publishers all around. Numerous quotes can be found with just about any person in the industry using the term; therefore it is an accepted term and a reality. Your opinion on the matter of their existence would just be that; your opinion... And your opinion is uninformed, in denial or wrong according to the people that actually dictate the market. No offense, but it doesn't help to be contrarian on something when their is irrefutable evidence of it at the stroke of a key. Now if you were to say you don't agree with the industries idea of "Console Exclusives" then that is a different story... Of which you ARE justified to that opinion.

It a term used by fanboys to make their console of choice appear better.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#49dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 2:51:24 PM
mokmuud posted...
boolzero posted...
dnmt posted...

I have seriously never seen anyone use this made up term outside of this board. Would love to be proven wrong, mr. zero.
#50boolzeroPosted 8/24/2014 2:58:43 PM
mokmuud posted...
boolzero posted...
dnmt posted...

...Which is a great deflection and otherwise pointless response to my post as it is a rather moot point and has no standing on the fact of what I was arguing; that it is an acknowledged and widely used term that very much exists in the industry. No offense, but stick to the subject, don't deflect or belittle as it's not a good debating tactic...

Your opinion of it's purpose, origins or intend have little to do with the fact that it is a legitimate term, here to stay, used often, and isn't going anywhere. Aside from the fact that the concept has been around since the 80's when PC and console games first started seeing crossover but had no terminology for the occurrence...
---