Is a game an exclusive if it's also on PC?

#51dnmtPosted 8/24/2014 4:09:15 PM
So can you provide us some examples of industry bigwigs using this term "console exclusive" or not, mr. zero? Don't leave us hanging. ):
#52gobuffalo30Posted 8/24/2014 4:18:27 PM(edited)
I don't remember the term console exclusive being thrown out there last gen like it is today. Maybe there's a reason?
#53YakashiPosted 8/24/2014 4:19:02 PM
In my view an exclusive can only be played on one platform. And that's it.

What is strange though, is when the trolls are here lolling and rofling about Ryse and Dead Rising not being exclusive and then in the next breath, claim that the last of us is exclusive.

Here's a riddle. My friend doesn't have a PS4 yet he owns the last of us and plays it regularly on a console he owns. How can this be? I know, impossible right?

Exclusivity, unfortunately, is interpreted by the persons agenda these days.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#54YakashiPosted 8/24/2014 4:21:44 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
I don't remember the term console exclusive being thrown out there last gen like it is today. Maybe there's a reason?

It was done quite regularly actually. With games that were released on 360/PC and PS3/PSP/Vita.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 was a PS3 exclusive according to gamefaqs. Same with Gears.

Then when challenged the term console exclusive was used as the rebuttal.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#55AsucaHayashiPosted 8/24/2014 5:03:56 PM
FIFA 15 is a platform exclusive.

it's going to be on:
Microsoft Windows
Nintendo 3DS
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
PlayStation Vita
Wii
iOS
Android[1]
Xbox One
Xbox 360

but not on wii u and therefore it's a:

Microsoft Windows
Nintendo 3DS
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
PlayStation Vita
Wii
iOS
Android[1]
Xbox One
Xbox 360

-exclusive
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#56triple sPosted 8/24/2014 5:09:41 PM
Any game I have an option to play on another console or on PC is not exclusive.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#57leatheljPosted 8/24/2014 5:10:09 PM
Yes take dr3 it is xbox one exclusive the Only console you can play that game On is xb1.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#58OreoBoy206Posted 8/24/2014 5:40:00 PM
In my opinion PC gaming and gaming consoles are in different classes.. So when I see Sony/Microsoft or someone saying "Console exclusive" about a game also available on PC I take it as being a exclusive to that console in that class of gaming platforms. Similar to how Hyundai says "The 2015 Hyundai Sonata has a class-exclusive panoramic sunroof." as in it's not totally exclusive to the Sonata but it is exclusive to the Sonata among the direct competitors in it's class.
#59plus1zeroPosted 8/24/2014 5:43:11 PM
PC is just the X1's big brother (still a Microsoft platform) so IMO it's not an xbox exclusive but a MS exclusive.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#60DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/24/2014 5:49:11 PM
Well instead of exclusive, you could just say "not on PS4 or Wii U". That would work better for advertising anyway.
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin