Is a game an exclusive if it's also on PC?

#61AsucaHayashiPosted 8/24/2014 5:56:13 PM
(still a Microsoft platform) so IMO it's not an xbox exclusive but a MS exclusive.

nope
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#62CKnightPosted 8/24/2014 8:35:32 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
I don't know why this is even a question, exclusive is a well defined term, and if its not exclusive, its not an exclusive.

CKnight posted...
Yes.

PC is the worst. Too many variables not everyone has the same exp with the same game.

Not everyone has money to burn building gaming PCs. Don't be fooled, it's expensive unless you have some kind of hook up.

You can build a machine that can run "Xbox 1" level games at 30 fps/720p cheaper than buying an xbox 1, and for another ~100 in the graphics card department, you can run it at 60/1080

The myth that PCs are so expensive is pretty bad, most people goto a website like Alienware and look at their pre-built JUNK and half of your money goes towards Software licensing, which is free if you build your own (Hint, it's actually a lot easier than it sounds even with no experience)

You steal the software? Bare bones Windows alone is what $70 dollars?

A gaming PC is cheaper is you buy everything on the cheap end which means you end up with a product of lesser quality than the Xbox One. I've seen dozens of so called cheaper more powerful PC lists. And they always get picked apart or are missing things.
#63Lord_Ka1nPosted 8/24/2014 8:37:37 PM
No. And I say this as someone who doesn't have have a gaming pc.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203
#64Trigg3rH4ppyPosted 8/24/2014 8:38:12 PM
dnmt posted...
glassghost0 posted...
If a game is on Xbox and PC, then it's an Xbox exclusive

Same goes for PS, Nintendo, whatever

You can play anything on a PC...

You can't play Uncharted, TLoU, Demon's Souls, GoW or any other Sony title on PC, because those are actually exclusive to Sony.

If you can play the game on one platform only then it's exclusive, otherwise no.

TLoU isn't exclusive, it can be played on two different platforms.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#65MertensCWPosted 8/24/2014 8:38:56 PM
Always thought of exclusives as console only. PC never factored in for me.

Guess it would really depend on whether or not one gamed seriously on PC.
For me it was ever only Broodwar and some SimCity 4 and not much else.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#66RogueStatus28Posted 8/24/2014 8:42:06 PM
Ori and the Blind Forest is owned by Microsoft Studios but is also coming to the PC so it's not exclusive, but still first party.
#67a687947Posted 8/24/2014 8:45:47 PM
dnmt posted...
glassghost0 posted...
If a game is on Xbox and PC, then it's an Xbox exclusive

Same goes for PS, Nintendo, whatever

You can play anything on a PC...

You can't play Uncharted, TLoU, Demon's Souls, GoW or any other Sony title on PC, because those are actually exclusive to Sony.

If you can play the game on one platform only then it's exclusive, otherwise no.

You can play God of War 1 and 2 on PC actually, along with pretty much every other PS2 game.
#68AsucaHayashiPosted 8/24/2014 8:49:16 PM
RogueStatus28 posted...
Ori and the Blind Forest is owned by Microsoft Studios but is also coming to the PC so it's not exclusive, but still first party.

this i can get behind.

however, to call games that have absolutely nothing to do with MS but appear on PC and played through windows, for "microsoft exclusive" is f'n idiotic.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#69ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/24/2014 8:54:14 PM
No. If I can play it on any other platform then it isn't exclusive. Which means, the last of us is't an exclusive, dead rising 3 isn't, and the new super smash bros isn't one either. Honestly the reasons I'm finding are ridiculous. So because some gamers don't have gaming pc's the platform doesn't count? That's like me saying, "Since I don't have a VITA then FFXHD is a PS3 exclusive."

Oh and Microsoft sees no money from PC gaming unless it is a game they published or developed. Example, Fable anniversary. They get money from that. DR3, Titanfall, Ryse etc, they get nothing from that.
---
Valar morghulis
#70ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/24/2014 8:54:48 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
RogueStatus28 posted...

this i can get behind.

however, to call games that have absolutely nothing to do with MS but appear on PC and played through windows, for "microsoft exclusive" is f'n idiotic.

Preach
---
Valar morghulis