Physical Only Games HDD space

#1gamefreakz92Posted 8/24/2014 12:35:51 PM
If I go all Physical, will that extend my HDD space?
#2glassghost0Posted 8/24/2014 12:38:50 PM
gamefreakz92 posted...
If I go all Physical, will that extend my HDD space?

Nope

Same size has to be taken either way.

Honestly why I'm mostly digital on my One, but have 100+ retail 360 games (Although I always installed everything I was playing anyway)
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3Trigg3rH4ppyPosted 8/24/2014 12:40:06 PM
i only have like 3 physical games, and i bought all of them with the console. everything since then has been digital
---
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#4SyxxPakk6Posted 8/24/2014 12:40:15 PM
They all do a full install all the disc is used for it verification you have it still. I subbed to EA Access for a month to check it out and my BF4 (I installed it from a disc) loaded right away with out a disc check.
---
Gamertag: I S Y X X l - Battlefield 3/4: xI6ISYXXI6Ix | Marvel Heroes: xTrippi
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | POE Fistkicks | RIFT: Trippi
#5gamefreakz92(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 12:51:45 PM
Wow! Why did that change? Buying physical used to always save space as opposed to digital.

Does anyone know if the PS4 is the same way? This is kind of making me reconsider getting a One.
#6duericPosted 8/24/2014 1:06:28 PM
Buying physical makes saving space easier because uninstalling and reinstalling is way easier and faster than downloading.

So if you ever need space it's as easy as uninstalling something you don't play anymore.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7ITIorpheusPosted 8/24/2014 1:07:56 PM
Your best bet is to hope the next X1 model has a replaceable internal hard drive like the PS4 has, i'm not sure if it has been ruled impossible though but it will void your warranty.
---
PSN: itiorpheus
XBL: Brandonvenom
#8gamefreakz92(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 1:18:02 PM
dueric posted...
Buying physical makes saving space easier because uninstalling and reinstalling is way easier and faster than downloading.

So if you ever need space it's as easy as uninstalling something you don't play anymore.

Ohh. Ok. That's a little reassuring. Even so, this generation of gaming is raising many questionable industry practices.
#9glassghost0Posted 8/24/2014 1:20:33 PM
gamefreakz92 posted...
dueric posted...

Ohh. Ok. That's a little reassuring. Even so, this generation of gaming is raising many questionable industry practices.

I was always Physical over Digital

I mean, I had several digital games, but only when the price was right, but for some reason it hasn't really bothered me on the new console
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#10SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 8/24/2014 1:24:00 PM
gamefreakz92 posted...
dueric posted...

Because games are getting so large with bigger textures and such, Blu-ray is now pretty much mandatory for game media. The problem with Bluray is that at the moment fair priced bluray drives (like those used in the PS4 and XBOX One) have slow read speeds compared to the DVD drives of previous gens. What this means is that the game can't be played off of the disc because it can't be loaded off the disc fast enough, so mandatory installs are the only way to go. A hard drive, even a cheap one, reads a lot faster than fair priced bluray drives, so that's why everything is put on the HDD now.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"