Physical Only Games HDD space

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Physical Only Games HDD space
9 months ago#11
So it's safe to say this same issue is on the PS4? Not the install speed, but that the same HDD space is taken up regardless of physical or digital.
9 months ago#12
gamefreakz92 posted...
So it's safe to say this same issue is on the PS4? Not the install speed, but that the same HDD space is taken up regardless of physical or digital.

Correct
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
9 months ago#13
Yeah it's pretty annoying.

PS4 allows you to swap in a bigger drive.

Xbox doesn't, but if you're savvy you can take it apart and install a larger drive but it will void the warranty. I'm going to install one as soon as my warranty expires.

Untill then it's external data hopping.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
9 months ago#14
elbarto1 posted...
Yeah it's pretty annoying.

PS4 allows you to swap in a bigger drive.

Xbox doesn't, but if you're savvy you can take it apart and install a larger drive but it will void the warranty. I'm going to install one as soon as my warranty expires.

Untill then it's external data hopping.

What do you mean by external data hopping? It's not like you'll need more than one external drive that you'd have to swap for others, kind of like how you would have to do with PS4's internal if you don't want to waste the original one that came with it.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
9 months ago#15
gamefreakz92 posted...
Wow! Why did that change? Buying physical used to always save space as opposed to digital.

Does anyone know if the PS4 is the same way? This is kind of making me reconsider getting a One.

Because reading data off an HDD is faster than an optical drive, thus better performance.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
9 months ago#16
They are going to allow a external drive through that expansion slow on the left end of the XBONE so don't worry its coming and I'm sure it will be incredibly overly priced.
---
Gamertag: I S Y X X l - Battlefield 3/4: xI6ISYXXI6Ix | Marvel Heroes: xTrippi
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | POE Fistkicks | RIFT: Trippi
9 months ago#17
SyxxPakk6 posted...
They are going to allow a external drive through that expansion slow on the left end of the XBONE so don't worry its coming and I'm sure it will be incredibly overly priced.

wtf are you talking about kid, MS already allows us to use external USB 3.0 hard drives, I'm currently using a 2TB one on my xbox one right now.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
9 months ago#18
SyxxPakk6 posted...

You can just go out and buy a 2TB HD when it's on sale and you format all of it for the XB1. They aren't that expensive at all, hell you can get more than that.
---
Sent from iPhone PowerFAQs.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
9 months ago#19
Stabs2503 posted...
SyxxPakk6 posted...

You can just go out and buy a 2TB HD when it's on sale and you format all of it for the XB1. They aren't that expensive at all, hell you can get more than that.

yeah I paid like $75 bucks for my 2TB drive I'm using with all my games I just have 20% of it used.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Physical Only Games HDD space

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived