Odds the Xbox One will get the same JRPGs as PS4?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Odds the Xbox One will get the same JRPGs as PS4?
2 years ago#1
Since PSN is once again getting attacked, I'm leaning towards going with Xbox again this gen. Just want to know What the odds are of Xbox getting good JRPGs.
---
Cowboys fan for life!
Gamertag: Heat Academy
2 years ago#2
Look at the JRPGs between 360 & PS3. That should answer your question. Chances are it won't since JRPGs are a Japanese thing & MS isn't big in JP. So I'd say PS4 will get the most JRPGs.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1
2 years ago#3
All the tripple A ones but probably next to none of the lower budget ones.

But let's see how many JRPGs the PS4 will get, right now the PS4 is tanking in nippon.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
2 years ago#4
darkness1018 posted...
Look at the JRPGs between 360 & PS3. That should answer your question. Chances are it won't since JRPGs are a Japanese thing & MS isn't big in JP. So I'd say PS4 will get the most JRPGs.

Well, the only JPRG I plan on getting right now is Kingdom Hearts III. So... Xbox One is looking like a good option.
---
Cowboys fan for life!
Gamertag: Heat Academy
2 years ago#5
If it makes you feel any better TC, xbox live is flat lining right down from the very same attacks that took out the PSN. :u

And to answer your question, no. Outside of Square Enix there are going to be few JRPGs that get a release on the xbone as well. Japan doesn't like xbox so smaller developers are going to consider it a waste of time. Just look at last gen.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
2 years ago#6
OpheliaAdenade posted...
If it makes you feel any better TC, xbox live is flat lining right down from the very same attacks that took out the PSN. :u

And to answer your question, no. Outside of Square Enix there are going to be few JRPGs that get a release on the xbone as well. Japan doesn't like xbox so smaller developers are going to consider it a waste of time. Just look at last gen.

Not on XBO, only multiplayer could be affected atm...

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
2 years ago#7
Crystyn_7B posted...
All the tripple A ones but probably next to none of the lower budget ones.

But let's see how many JRPGs the PS4 will get, right now the PS4 is tanking in nippon.

Can I see the evidence that you are obviously reading incorrectly to come to that conclusion? I would like to point out how farfetched that statement is.
---
Currently LPing: The entire Kingdom Hearts series. Starting with Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD.
Look for GrandMasterArcturus on Hitbox.tv, Twitter and Youtube.
2 years ago#8
The Tales series abandoned xbox consoles, sales for jrpg's were much better on ps3, and xbox is no longer the easier to develop for console. Personally, I think the wii u will get the best jrpgs like last gen though imo.
---
gt= havikzero
SSBB FC:0989-1407-2689
2 years ago#9
There were loads of great JRPGs last gen on 360 that I really loved. I really hope we get more on both consoles but, as mentioned above, PS4 is tanking is Japan and the X1 will of course be a failure there again.

Are the western world enough to get companies to pony up the cash to make region specific games when the region is underperforming? Who knows. I hope so. It's my favourite genre.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
2 years ago#10
PS4 Tanking in Japan? I guess that's because mobile phone gaming/social games are more popular over there?

Edit: Maybe XBox One could help in porting niche handheld titles to console?
---
Proud owner of a PS4
Might also get a One one or two years from now because it seems to agitate ponies suggesting it might have something worthwhile after all.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Odds the Xbox One will get the same JRPGs as PS4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived