Odds the Xbox One will get the same JRPGs as PS4?

#1SonicFan754Posted 8/24/2014 4:36:38 PM
Since PSN is once again getting attacked, I'm leaning towards going with Xbox again this gen. Just want to know What the odds are of Xbox getting good JRPGs.
---
Cowboys fan for life!
Gamertag: Heat Academy
#2darkness1018Posted 8/24/2014 4:41:14 PM
Look at the JRPGs between 360 & PS3. That should answer your question. Chances are it won't since JRPGs are a Japanese thing & MS isn't big in JP. So I'd say PS4 will get the most JRPGs.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1
#3Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 4:42:21 PM
All the tripple A ones but probably next to none of the lower budget ones.

But let's see how many JRPGs the PS4 will get, right now the PS4 is tanking in nippon.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#4SonicFan754(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 4:44:44 PM
darkness1018 posted...
Look at the JRPGs between 360 & PS3. That should answer your question. Chances are it won't since JRPGs are a Japanese thing & MS isn't big in JP. So I'd say PS4 will get the most JRPGs.

Well, the only JPRG I plan on getting right now is Kingdom Hearts III. So... Xbox One is looking like a good option.
---
Cowboys fan for life!
Gamertag: Heat Academy
#5OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/24/2014 4:45:32 PM
If it makes you feel any better TC, xbox live is flat lining right down from the very same attacks that took out the PSN. :u

And to answer your question, no. Outside of Square Enix there are going to be few JRPGs that get a release on the xbone as well. Japan doesn't like xbox so smaller developers are going to consider it a waste of time. Just look at last gen.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#6Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 4:47:24 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
If it makes you feel any better TC, xbox live is flat lining right down from the very same attacks that took out the PSN. :u

And to answer your question, no. Outside of Square Enix there are going to be few JRPGs that get a release on the xbone as well. Japan doesn't like xbox so smaller developers are going to consider it a waste of time. Just look at last gen.

Not on XBO, only multiplayer could be affected atm...

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#7J_aaronPosted 8/24/2014 4:47:29 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
All the tripple A ones but probably next to none of the lower budget ones.

But let's see how many JRPGs the PS4 will get, right now the PS4 is tanking in nippon.

Can I see the evidence that you are obviously reading incorrectly to come to that conclusion? I would like to point out how farfetched that statement is.
---
Currently LPing: The entire Kingdom Hearts series. Starting with Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD.
Look for GrandMasterArcturus on Hitbox.tv, Twitter and Youtube.
#8J90074Posted 8/24/2014 4:47:51 PM
The Tales series abandoned xbox consoles, sales for jrpg's were much better on ps3, and xbox is no longer the easier to develop for console. Personally, I think the wii u will get the best jrpgs like last gen though imo.
---
gt= havikzero
SSBB FC:0989-1407-2689
#9YakashiPosted 8/24/2014 4:48:30 PM
There were loads of great JRPGs last gen on 360 that I really loved. I really hope we get more on both consoles but, as mentioned above, PS4 is tanking is Japan and the X1 will of course be a failure there again.

Are the western world enough to get companies to pony up the cash to make region specific games when the region is underperforming? Who knows. I hope so. It's my favourite genre.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#10Veemon_XPosted 8/24/2014 4:51:49 PM(edited)
PS4 Tanking in Japan? I guess that's because mobile phone gaming/social games are more popular over there?

Edit: Maybe XBox One could help in porting niche handheld titles to console?
---
Proud owner of a PS4
Might also get a One one or two years from now because it seems to agitate ponies suggesting it might have something worthwhile after all.