Odds the Xbox One will get the same JRPGs as PS4?

#21Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 5:54:15 PM
pobbes posted...
Samus3D posted...
If you like Nippon Ichi/ Compile Hearts JRPG's which are quite frankly bottom of the barrel, then get the PS4. Otherwise you won't be missing a thing.

Tales, Persona, ni no kuni, star ocean (there was 1 for ps3!)... not missing a thing? what?

Let's wait it out there Persona and Tales are sticking to PS3 for now.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#22AttackOnTitanPosted 8/24/2014 5:58:49 PM
Samus3D posted...
Well Xbox is already getting Type-0, Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts III… The PS4 exclusive JRPG's will likely be the Atelier and HyperDimension games.

Since the PS4 is stinking up Japan, maybe Phil Spencer and crew will announce some exclusive JRPG's to attempt to strengthen Xbox One's launch window sales.

This

Xbox is already getting the major ones
#23pobbesPosted 8/24/2014 5:59:07 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
pobbes posted...
Samus3D posted...
If you like Nippon Ichi/ Compile Hearts JRPG's which are quite frankly bottom of the barrel, then get the PS4. Otherwise you won't be missing a thing.

Tales, Persona, ni no kuni, star ocean (there was 1 for ps3!)... not missing a thing? what?

Tales and Persona always come to the next gen a little late. Persona 3 came was released on the ps2 after PS3 was out. Tales of Vesperia, while it came to the 360, didn't sell very well. All Tales games after that have come out or are coming out on PS3 only.
#24Crystyn_7BPosted 8/24/2014 6:06:59 PM
pobbes posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
pobbes posted...
Samus3D posted...

Tales and Persona always come to the next gen a little late. Persona 3 came was released on the ps2 after PS3 was out. Tales of Vesperia, while it came to the 360, didn't sell very well. All Tales games after that have come out or are coming out on PS3 only.

Yeah but that's why I said wait it out. Persona Q is on 3DS, home consoles seem to be losing ground even faster this gen in japan. Maybe Persona 6 will be on handhelds from the start.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#25pobbesPosted 8/24/2014 6:14:45 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
pobbes posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
pobbes posted...
Samus3D posted...

Yeah but that's why I said wait it out. Persona Q is on 3DS, home consoles seem to be losing ground even faster this gen in japan. Maybe Persona 6 will be on handhelds from the start.

ah but Persona 5 is still coming out on PS3 at least!.

but i agree about consoles losing ground in Japan! i'm still clinging onto the hope that the PS4's slow sales is because Japan tends to adopt next gen consoles later than normal. Valkyria Chronicles was one of the casualties of the Japanese trending towards handhelds. the 1st game was great but Sega decided to release part 2 on the PSP. It got pirated to hell, so the 3rd was released only in Japan.

Oh well, at least Persona has gained quite a following on NA, and Tales has it's own group of fans. more chance of them being released in the west.
#26Samus3DPosted 8/24/2014 6:21:23 PM
pobbes posted...
Samus3D posted...

Tales hasn't been good since Vesperia and regarding Persona, we're eight years in the PS3's lifespan, P5 hasn't even came out in Japan so why are you thinking P6 for the PS4 is even close to fruition?
---
I'll pay you back when I make it big
#27pobbesPosted 8/24/2014 6:31:47 PM
Samus3D posted...
pobbes posted...
Samus3D posted...

Tales hasn't been good since Vesperia and regarding Persona, we're eight years in the PS3's lifespan, P5 hasn't even came out in Japan so why are you thinking P6 for the PS4 is even close to fruition?

i enjoyed xillia, am enjoying xillia 2. P5 is coming out this year in Japan, next year in the west, what're you talking about? and besides if P6 comes out, what makes you think it'll come out on the xbox one?
#28PhoenixPrincePosted 8/24/2014 6:35:40 PM
Pretty good. The architecture of the two consoles is nearly identical, so porting between the two is easy. Unless there's an exclusivity contract, it's a scenario where if it's on one, it might as well be on the other. Sales figures may change that though, it'll be impossible to say definitively until FFXV and KHIII have been released and we can see if the Japanese developers will bother with the Xbone.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care
|3DS|DS|PS2|PS3|PS4|GBA|PSP|Wii|
#29pobbesPosted 8/24/2014 6:38:50 PM
Pretty good? when the last tales game released on an MS console didn't sell well? when there hasn't been any Persona game released on an MS console EVER? i think that's being a little too optimistic.
#30scoobydoobydontPosted 8/24/2014 6:48:17 PM
pobbes posted...
Pretty good? when the last tales game released on an MS console didn't sell well? when there hasn't been any Persona game released on an MS console EVER? i think that's being a little too optimistic.

It didn't sell well on PS3 either, and Persona is a reflection of Sega's stupidity, it has no reflection on how successful it would be on Xbox. If Sega had any sense at all the entire Persona series would have a crossgen HD collection.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg